You are in for a treat this Ganesh Chaturthi. We are celebrating the festival with glamorous looks tailored especially for you.
- Dhoti-pants with bandhgalas spell fashion in every way.
- Wear an ankle-length anarkali in the brightest of colors.
- Take a cue from the ivory bandhgala with sky-blue dhoti pants as seen in the picture above.
- Pin-tucked kurti with a jewelled neck is your pick for the festive night.
- Tasseled parandas are a good way to adorn your hair. You can also add ornate hair accessories to go with it.
Anarkalis with ornate borders and jootis are such a festive high! Floral embellishments are an added bonus.
- We recommend an anarkali, scoop-neck or not, with heavily embellished borders. Collared kurtis also look great for lovely swan necks.
- Pair ochre yellow with deep indigo for drama; maroon and gold is also a very traditional combination. Go for Fuchsia and green if you are the rebel kind.
The mid-riff baring Indian garment not only lengthens your frame but also makes you look sexy
- Bejewelled cholis look great with lehengas. Keep in mind not to over-do the zardosi on the ensemble. Take a cue from Shivani Kashyap(extreme right).
- Saffron is an innately Indian color, wear it as it complements Indian skin tones.
- Pair neutral-colored dupatta with your lehenga. It will balance out your look and also keep the focus on you.
9-yards of pure fantasy
Sari is the glam attire for any Indian festival. You cannot go wrong with the 9-yard wonder.
- Drape it in style; Marathi, Bengali or the customary technique, it will make you feel beautiful no matter what.
- Sweet-heart necklines and dramatic cuts go well with conventional or modern saris.
- Chiffons, pure silks, ghicha silks, mul-muls and cotton blends are all out there for you to try.
- Experiment with fabrics and cuts and let the compliments shower on you.
Haute Looks for Men
It’s the festive season and we have no intention of leaving the men behind. We have three very appealing looks for our male readers.
- Conventional Male: A vibrant kurta and a dark Patiala in pathani style will keep the gazes coming back to you. A plain dupatta carried over your shoulders will look best if you have some brawn. Wear collared sherwanis with padded shoulders for a more masculine look. You know how girls love brawns.
- The smart casual: A casual shirt paired with blazers and well-fitted trousers give an immaculate appearance that only a traditional Indian attire can give. Wear a white blazer and team it with a colorful shirt to flaunt yourself in style. Wear denims for a casual look and team it with nice brogues and you are all set for the party.
- Global Indian: Indian traditions are so inherent in us that we conserve it with us no matter where we go. This is a style for the well-travelled Indian male. The silk stole in your wardrobe from the Indian Craft center has to be utilized now in a stylish way. Wear a Nehru jacket or a sleeveless shirt with jodhpurs and team it up with the silk stole and you are good to go. Do not forget to have your shades on because the fiery looks from the opposite sex might just burn you.
We are just waiting to see you try out our looks in style! Experiment and tell us any new and exciting look that you just discovered! We are all ears!
Indian Photo Agency, IANS