Ever wondered how makeup artists can make anybody look like a super-model? They have learnt the technique and mastered the art. But they also have the tools – The Makeup Brushes. You need to be well versed with the functions of every brush to create flawless makeup. There are a variety of brushes available in different sizes, shapes and hair/bristles.
With the right kind of brushes you can achieve any look with ease. The right professional makeup brushes are a very essential part of any make up kit. The tools are as integral to the makeup as the colors you use. With professional quality makeup brushes your makeup looks more professional, in less time! These brushes are mostly made of animal hair- horse, goat or sabre; or made of synthetic materials.
Natural bristles are soft which are better for applying powder based products effectively- like blush, face powder and eye-shadow. Synthetic brushes ease the application of oil based cosmetics like liquid foundation, cream eye-shadow and blush and lipsticks. Choose thick brushes with a soft texture, which are rounded off on the tip.
There is an array of brushes to choose from, for every part of the face.
Makeup brushes for the FACE
Whenever you start applying make-up, always start with covering and evening out the face.
The Professional foundation brush is slanting and angled to create very smooth and flawless skin. The tapered edge helps to create smooth textures around the edges of eyes and nose while the flat top blends and leaves skin covered equally.
This is a small, round tipped synthetic brush used to conceal and blend. The flexible synthetic brush is flat and hard to be able to reach the dark spots. The concealer is used to cover up what the foundation has left behind. It is used under the eyes, around dark spot and on problem areas.
A power brush is a small round brush with very thick bristles to distribute the luminous powder evenly. The shape is best to evenly smoothen out the loose powder over the face.
- Fan powder Brush – This brush helps to apply light powder. The great shape allows you to restrict the quantity of powder that is being used. Thus, helping in controlling the look and not over doing it.
- Blending Powder Brush—this is perfect evening out and blending the powders – loose or pressed.
This brush is tapered on the tip for highlighting areas of the face and adding colour. The tapering at the tip helps to enhance the face.
- Contour Blush Brush- This rounded brush help to contour the face and high-light the jaw bones and achieve the required shape.
Makeup Brushes for the EYES
There are a vast variety of brushes that are used to create the perfect eyelid colour. Blending is required and flawless application is necessary. These brushes come in different shapes- angled, rounded or pointy.
- Blending brushes are used to blend the eye-shadow and to give a soft look to the face.
- Used as a crease brush, it helps to define the eyes and to create a dramatic look.
- These blunt brushes are used to apply eye-shadow over the lid. This applicator is used to introduce the color to the lids.
The eyebrow brush grooms the hair of the eyebrow to create desired shape and manage the eyebrow hair. This brush should have hard bristles so as to be able to define and control the hair. This brush also combs the hair in an upward direction to achieve and arch.
This extremely narrow tipped brush with a hard tip is used to apply eyeliner. This synthetic brush helps you in precise and accurate application of the liner.
The Mascara brush has hard bristles to coat the lashes with an even layer of mascara. There is a brush available to first define the eyelashes with transparent liquid and then to cover them with the mascara.
Makeup brushes for the LIPS
The lipstick can be directly applied on the lips without the brushes. But to get the perfect look you are advised to use the brushes. Several brushes are used to get the wanted look.
The lip-liner brush is very essential to define the lips. It is a tapered brush with a slant on the tip for precision.
Retractable Lipstick Brush or the Filler brush
This brush is very easy to help you apply the lip-stick and then even it out and blend. Touch-ups are very easy with this brush.
- This brush is very convenient when applying lipstick professionally. It gives a grip to the applicator for ease in application. It is rounded on the top and has very smooth bristles to achieve flawless and even application.
Maintenance of your Makeup Brushes
- Wash the brushes after application with water and soap.
- Dry them by either using a towel or a hair dryer.
- Do not rub these brushes with a towel or you might spoil the bristles.
- Do not use the same brushes for dark and light make-up.
- Do not use the same brushes for over a year.
- Lastly and most importantly do not share you makeup brushes as there maybe fear of infection.
Make-up brushes are an easy way to help you achieve professional results. With the right set you could achieve the right look. Follow these step and look like a beauty queen every day!