Eyeliner tops the list of the bare essentials requisite for your beauty regimen. In fact, as per experts, you can count on this essential cosmetic to completely transform your look and revitalize your dull and tired appeal. Eyeliners essentially accentuate the look of the eyes and make them look larger than their actual size. However, more than the choice of good eyeliner, the technique you use to apply the same matters the most.
One correct stroke of the eyeliner can help you experiment numerous looks to suit your mood. Right from creating smoky eyes, to dramatic look to subtle appeal, it is the right strokes of the eyeliner which makes all the difference. Many guides have written pages on ways to apply eyeliner on the upper lids, however, in this guide, we’ll guide on how to apply eyeliner on the lower lid. So, take a paper and pencil and start taking notes.
How to apply pencil eyeliner on lower lid
Wearing pencil eyeliner on lower lid is almost similar to putting kohl smear on the bottom of your upper eye lids. Follow the procedure to learn how to apply eyeliner on the lower lid.
- Always check for the point of your pencil eyeliner before applying it on the lower lid. Always sharpen the blunt point of the pencil, further, doing the same also removes traces of unwanted bacteria clung on to the tip.
- Before you begin to apply eyeliner on lower lid, it is recommended to apply your eyeshadows and eyeliner on the upper lid. It is recommended to leave the task of applying eyeliner on lower lid at the end of your eye make-up.
- If you are comfortable using your right hand, then keep your left hand steady on the face by pulling your lower lid.
- Begin sweeping the eyeliner on lower lid in form of short strokes in the outer corner first. Those who are experts at applying eyeliners generally apply the eyeliner on lower lid in just one stroke, however, novice users are recommended to proceed the same in form of short strokes starting from the outer corner to the inner corner of the lower lid.
- If you want to achieve a softer look, smudge the applied eyeliner on the lower lid with your index finger.
- Now repeat the process in the left eye. Look at the mirror and smudge away unwanted traces of the eyeliner with the help of a damp tissue.
How to apply liquid eyeliner on lower lid
Before you begin to apply the eyeliner on lower lid, it is important that you dust some powder under your eyes right from the immediate lower region of the eye till the cheekbones.
- Now dip the brush into the liquid eyeliner and hold it in the hand you are most comfortable using. Use your less used or non-dormant hand to pull the skin under the eye until you finish applying the eyeliner.
- Look at the mirror and position your brush at an angle of 60 degree from the lower lid.
- Smear the brush gently over the eyelashes of the lower lid starting from the inner corner to the outer corner of the eye.
- Repeat the process on the other eye. It is recommended to avoid blinking of the eyes for a few seconds after the application of the eyeliner lest you spread it.
- If you want a more smoky appeal, smudge the eyeliner with your index finger while the eyeliner is still wet. This will create a smudged smoky appeal that you wanted to boast for your coveted party.
- Dust away the powder you had applied under the eyes.
How to apply gel eyeliner on lower lid
Before you begin to apply the eyeliner on the lower lid, it is important that make your choice of the right color that would essentially complement the kind of look that you want to bear.
- It is important to clean or wipe the angled brush that comes with the cream eyeliner before using the same. This step is important to get rid of any dirt or traces of eyeliner used in the previous usage.
- Next, pull your eyes from the bottom with your less dominant hand and hold the brush in the most dominant hand.
- Sit down and place the mirror in a way that your eyes are closely visible to you.
- Now dip the brush into the cream pot and gently apply the strokes onto your lower lid, closest to your eye lashes.
- It is better to start from the inner corner of the eye towards the outer corner. You can either form small strokes or make single stroke, depending on your proficiency.
- Next, smudge the stroke to get a more soft and subtle appeal. For more dramatic look, smear two-three lines on the lower lid.
These were some of the most do-able tips on how to apply eyeliner on lower lid. Practice them and create different looks!