There’s nothing more intriguing than having your hair put tight into an angelic braid or a neat bun of those braids, on a hot summer day. If you are bored of letting your hair loose, or having a tough time keeping cool this summer due to your long tresses- this hairdo is the perfect solution to your worries. It’s trendy, neat and leaves you looking fresh. Wear it to parties or to a daytime date and it’ll complement your dress, shirt and your maxi too.
This hairstyle requires a bit more effort and time than the others, but definitely leaves you with fruitful and alluring results. Leave people wondering, how you got this neat yet sophisticated version of the braid bun. Follow these easy steps and get this French braid bun right.
Hairstyle How To: French Braid Bun
- Wash your hair thoroughly and blow dry them, till completely dry.
- Brush your hair and make sure there are no broken ends or tangles. Brush till you achieve smooth and de-tangled hair.
- Using your fingers, separate a 2 inch section of hair from the hairline to the crown.
- Now, use your fingers to divide this section into three further equal sections to begin braiding.
- Cross the strand in your left hand over the strand in the middle. The left strand should now be the middle strand. Now, cross the right strand over the middle strand. The middle strand should now be the right strand. This is same as doing a traditional braid but should be very tight.
- Now, add some hair from the right side of the head and treat it as the rightmost strand for braiding, along with the two left strands next to it.
- Similarly, add some hair from the left side of the head and braid it with the original three strands like in the case of the right strands added.
- Now, braid each newly picked section with the strands as in the case of a traditional braid, so that it gets to be in the left, middle and right once each time.
- Keep adding strands of hair from the right section and the left section, till layers are created on the head and the hairstyle finishes with a complete braid.
- Secure the end of this French braid, with an elastic band.
- Now, take this French braid and roll it up like a bun on the crown in the shape of a spiral. Make sure that the end of the braid does not show, and the bun looks as if made only out of layers of braid.
- Secure the braid in the form of a bun, using bob pins. Using tail comb and bob pins, settle all the loose strands hanging out of the bun.
- Spray finishing hairspray all over, so that everything stays in place. Fix the small loose hair strands and make them sit with the help of the spray.
- To complete the look and get the best of both worlds, finish your bun by adding a big flower with the help of bob pins.
- The flower will make your bun look all the more stunning and will hide the end of the braid under it.
- For a high French braid, begin at the top of your head.
- Make sure you pull each strand of the braid tightly to achieve a tight French braid.
- Make sure the end of the braid does not pop out of the bun as it will look ugly and spoil the look of the hairdo.
- Sport this bun as it is or accessorize it well.
Don’t you want to wear this hairstyle everywhere now, with enough practice? Thank God to the one, who made it easier for us to be in style despite of this scorching heat! Happy hairstyling!