If you have sparse eyebrows and eyelashes and are looking for simple but natural ways to make them grow, look no further than your kitchen. Castor oil has long been known to encourage hair growth and if you have little patience, you will be able to grow your eyebrows and eye lashes to their fullest potential with its help. Here’s how.
What you will need
- Good quality castor oil, preferably organic
- An empty, sterilized mascara bottle
- Eyebrow comb or eyeliner brush (optional)
Kitchen Beauty Recipes – Castor Oil for Eyelashes and Eyebrows
- The most important part here is cleaning out that mascara bottle. Soak it in hot water and rinse it out again and again until you are absolutely sure that no mascara remains within. Don’t forget to do the same with the mascara wand. It must be completely devoid of mascara residue.
- The next step is very simple. Pour the castor oil into the empty container.
- Now all you need to do is apply the oil onto your lashes with the mascara wand the same way you would with normal mascara. The wand will enable you to apply the oil neatly on your eyebrows as well. However, if you find it uncomfortable to use the mascara wand on your eyebrows, then just use an old but sterilised eyeliner brush or an eyebrow comb.
- Shut the mascara bottle tight after each use and store in a cool, dry place.
- Do not fill the bottle all the way to the top. The constant exposure of the wand to air will, by default, make the contents of the mascara bottle unclean in a few months. So there is no point filling more than will last for that length of time.
- Do this religiously every night and you are sure to see a difference in just a few weeks.
Take care while you are applying the castor oil on your lashes that none of it gets into your eyes. It is very unlikely that this will happen since the mascara bottle is designed to rid the wand of excess oil so there isn’t enough on there to drip into your eyes. Still, it pays to be cautious.
It is imperative that you ensure you are not allergic to castor oil before using this home remedy. Even if you are not allergic, you may get a bad reaction to the castor oil if the oil you use is not of good quality or if it has been contaminated in some way or if the mascara bottle is dirty. Ensure that you follow the highest standards of hygiene when it comes to doing anything with your eyes.
If you have a pre-existing eye condition, do NOT use the castor oil remedy at all. First see a doctor, resolve the issue, and only use the castor oil once you eyes are completely normal again.