At the Betsey Johnson Show during Spring 2014 Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week at The Studio at Lincoln Center on September 11, 2013 in New York City an interesting make-up trend was spotted. It was the metallics! Betsey has been known for her over the top look with inclusions of a lot of fun elements. This collection of hers was no different. The cotton candy inspired hair, the shimmery eyes, the silver lips, the funky accessories, everything was screaming for attention! The fun-loving girl just couldn’t get enough with the punk additions and the hip hop “Betsey” metal plate necklaces.
Makeup Trend S-S 2014 – Betsey Johnson Sport The Metallic Sheen
The makeup was quiet the highlight of the show, with the dramatic eye-lashes, rosy cheeks, metallic silver eye-shadow and to top it all matching silver lipstick. The eyes were definitely the highlight of the make-up. This was created by blending silver and gunmetal eye-shadow along with black liner outlining on the top and bottom eyelids.
Makeup Trend S-S 2014 – Silver Metallic Eyeshadow
Silver Metallic Eyeshadow Makeup Trend S-S 2014
Metallic shimmer was used as a highlight in the inner corner of the eyes to give depth. Another dimension was added by accentuating the ends of the eye by using only half of false lashes on both the upper and lower eye-lid.
Makeup Trend S-S 2014 – Silver Metallic
The makeup was complimented by chunky accessories like round sunglasses, metal chain neck pieces, Betsey cut out hoop earrings, wide cuff, bolo ties etc. The whole feel of the look was overdramatic and exaggerated.
How to get this look?
To get this look right, one has to be very careful not to go over the top. Metallic eye make-up can surely be carried at parties.
Makeup Trend S-S 2014 – Silver Metallic Eyeshadow and Lips
- The first thing to be kept in mind is to keep the metal accent in tiny touches and as highlights.
- This look can be made wearable by using metallic eye-shadow only in the inner corner of the eyes.
- Silver lipstick can be tricky. You can experiment by going for smoky eyes with silver metallic lips or to be on the safer side, one can opt for metallic eye-shadow with nude lips.
- Shimmery gunmetal grey and black eye-shadows can be used with or without the false lashes, but make sure to use some mascara in case you go in for the later.
- Metallic make-up can be flattering because its metallic texture reflects light thereby illuminating the face instantly.
- If you would like to be subtle, you can opt for pearl tints with deeper tones like navy blue or gunmetal instead of silver.
Makeup Trend S-S 2014 – Silver Metallic Lips
Do try out the metallic sheen makeup; it will be an instant hit during this holiday season. Just keep in mind not to go overboard and fall prey to fashion. And lastly, whatever you wear be confident!