It’s the season of festivities and for women, the time to ‘glam-up’. But how does one add the holiday glitz and sparkle while stepping out for office? It’s quite a predicament between appearing reserved and putting in a bit of cheer. Fret no more. Aigner’s runway show for the Milan Fashion Week Autumn/Winter 2015 held on February 27th 2015, shows us exactly how to get it right.
Formal Festive Wear -Aigner Autumn-Winter 2015
Christian Beck’s A/W’15 designs for Aigner provided a mix of tradition and modernity, ladylike elegance and edgy chic. For the silhouettes and cuts, the designer drew a lot of inspiration from the glorious 70s era. The color tones are shadow purple and dark beige.
Look#1: Sequinned Jacket + Cropped formal pants
Formal Festive Wear – Purple Sequined jacket
- A simple well-tailored pair of corporate trousers in a neutral purple-beige shade is given a punch of glitterati with a sequinned cropped jacket.
- With a classy yet striking jacket as such, there is no need for further accessorizing. Just wear your gold toned heels for a subtle complement.
Look#2: Embellished crop top + Palazzo pants
Purple Crop Top Formal Festive Wear
- Shadow purple is a shade that brings purple’s rich luxurious look but with a restrained and sombre feel. It is one of the trendiest colors for fall 2015-16 and suitable even for the more reserved office looks.
- Stylish and relaxed palazzo pants get a slightly edgy makeover with the bandaged detailing around the waist.
- For the top, try a structured cropped top with geometric embellished around the neckline. It will provide a lovely contrast to the flowy silhouette of the trousers.
Look#3: Chiffon Blouse + Leather pants
Purple Chiffon Blouse Formal Festive Wear
- Soft, semi-sheer chiffon shirts flatter one’s curves and lend a sultry but classy appeal. For the festive season, hints of sequinned detailing on the collar and cuffs provide a touch of glitz without going OTT.
- Pair this romantic blouse with rocker chic leather pants, the clash of elegance and edgy make for one stunning combination!
- But instead of the usual tight leather pants which is can be too out-of-place for office wear, opt for a more loose and straight cut trousers.
Wasn’t Aigner’s office holiday just clever and glamorous? It is the minor attention to styling like adding a bit of sequins or gold that makes a whole lot of difference.
Stay gorgeous, have fun ladies!