Forecasting is an integral part of the fashion cycle and all the way from creation to retail. It defines the direction and the course that the sartorial tastes are going to take and that too much before time so as to cater to those tastes. While the world is engrossed in savouring the delightful trends that the current season has to offer, it is also a fact that what is ahead of us is already brewing and in this case it is the broad category of trends that are going to dominate the fashion space the same time next year.
More often than not, a chunk of the future trends are an extension of key notes of the present season. There is always a connection to the present and if not, then mostly these can be traced back to some point in the fashion history.
Here’s an overview of the fashion trends 2013, a hint to the language the world of fashion is going to talk in the coming months.
Fashion Trends 2013 Overview
Every idea has an origin. Fashion finds it origins in various inspirations mostly driven in the form of nature, technology and everything else that manages to capture the fascination and imagination of the human brain. A few key visions that are predicted to motivate fashion trends 2013:
- With the world coming closer and connecting faster the inspiration bank is extending beyond what is available on the surface indicating towards the world that beyond our reach, at least not easily for now therefore hinting towards the space and the underwater world in context of colors & textures..
- As people and diverse cultures melt and fuse together, the result is an alloy of modern silhouettes and ethnic printed (animal & tribal) elements that are strongly depicted by fashion and will continue to so in 2013.
- Spring 2013 is a mixed bag. The rise of the sober pastels shades indicates a taste for the muted. However, challenged by the existence of acid brights which will definitely carry forward to the next season but more in the form of knits and sportswear
- Peek-a-boo in sheers and cut-outs are progressing. Lace has been fading away and will see a replacement with laser cutting. The accessories seem to take a leap in the opposite direction and are going to get chunkier.
- Fashion is only getting dramatic with time which is an expected reaction after a spell of an economic meltdown.2013 will see roaring digital prints along with ruffles, fringes and the surface ornamentation that are the aids to do so.
Color Board Direction 2013:
The color palette 2013 is broadly talking of sea inspired hues, natural earth tones, sharp blues of the midnight skies and colors of the autumn trees as the main ones for the fashion year.
- Think a perfect under water picture and that’s exactly the set of palette slotted for the season. The turquoise blue of the Mediterranean with the serene whites, the green of the moss and reds of the coral reefs.
- Earth tones that are trending for Fall Winter 2012 will also step into the Spring and see an extension in the form of metallic copper.
- Pale yellow and mint greens are going to be as strong as in this season. The existence of the pastels indicates a comeback of 1920’s along with other cues like plunging necklines and minimal silhouettes.
- 2013 might be the final stage of the big color blocking trend.
The business of fashion today is of a global scale and forecast is a way to bind it together.
Watch this space as we bring you all the insights into Spring/Summer 2013 Fashion Trends.
Spring / Summer 2013
Bridal fashion has always been big and much talked about. After all, fairy tale weddings are a passion for almost all the women out there! Bridal trends for every season are watched closely the world over and the trend setting Bridal Week attended by many.
Every bride wants to look her best on her special day – watch out for the bridal trends that have been identified during the international Bridal fashion week spring 2013 and prepare to look your best!
Swimwear Trends 2013
Get ready for some exotic beach holidays with gorgeous beachwear from the Caffe 2013 S/S Swimwear Collection by designer [...]
Avant-garde beach trends are set and broken each year at the Mercedes-Benz Swim Fashion Week at Miami, Florida. One [...]
For a label with a very vivid and appropriate name, its spring summer 2013 collection was full of fashion [...]
What better way to kick-start your summer than with fabulous swimwear from Aqua Di Lara. Once again they came [...]
It was that time of year again when we got to see a lot of beautiful swimwear being paraded [...]