For all those who are wondering how to get rid of pores, it is essential to know that pores are required for the skin to retain moisture and remain hydrated in order to have suppleness and firmness in its tone. The real problem starts when these pores get enlarged allowing the harmful rays of the sun to penetrate the sub surface of the skin and also act as ponds for accumulation of dirt and dust. Enlarged pores make the skin appear unattractive and rough. Enlarged pores also give rise to blackheads creating further problems for your looks. There is the where the need to get rid of pores arises. It must be remembered that pores are quite a common occurrence and there is no requirement to loose sleep over it as it can be easily taken care of by a few easy measures. One can effectively get rid of pores through home based remedies and even with minor medications. In very short span of time.
Basic Natural Remedies to Get rid of Pores
Pores are a constant feature of skin and no matter how much care is taken some enlarged pores will keep appearing on your skin. However the good news is that they can be controlled and tackled by adopting precautionary measures.
- Steaming the Face: This is by far the most essential step in your quest of hoe to get rid of pores. This process will actually open up the pores and help in unplugging them. The method is to first fill a tub or basin with hot water while taking care that it is not scalding hot. Keep the face over the water for 3 to 5 minutes depending on your comfort level and then rinse with mild warm water. After exposing the face to the steam use a napkin drenched in lemon and pineapple juice to cover your face nicely for a few minutes followed by a cold water wash of the face. There are natural enzymes in this mixture that help tighten the skin along with purifying the surface and brightening the tone. The citrus element of lemon juice is excellent in its cleansing properties and great at shrinking the pores to a smaller size. However caution should be exercised not to let the lemon juice reach the eyes which are extremely sensitive to it. Additionally one should be careful about not exposing the facial skin to prolonged steaming as it tends to dry up the skin and may even result in mild burns.
- Apply Ice on the Face: Every time you steam your face to get rid of pores it is mandatory that you give it a rub of ice. After the cleansing with lemon and pineapple juice is over take some ice in a napkin and apply it on the pores. This step helps tighten the skin and shrink the pores further. The process is required to be carried on for about half a minute to one minute.
- Using Toothpaste: Applying toothpaste on the areas affected by pores is another proven means to get rid of pores. However this results in drying up of the skin and may not be equally effective on all kinds of skin types. One needs to watch out for any reactions and irritations while applying toothpaste.
- Consume Adequate Citrus Fruits: Citrus fruits especially oranges contain citric acid and tangerines which are useful in building collagen in the sub skin layers. The action of collagen is to enhance the elasticity of skin layer giving it a supple feel and appearance. It also reduces the number of pores on the surface. Even applying round sliced pieces of raw tomatoes on the facial has been found helpful in getting rid of pores to a great extent.
- Pore Tightening Mask: Home made mask comprising of Rhassoul clay, aloe vera, lemon juice and green tea is another favorite treatment for large pores. Rhassoul clay helps tighten the pores along with purifying the skin. Simultaneously green tea which has amazing anti oxidant properties expedites the healing process on the skin.
- Daily Face Wash: It is good idea to wash your face daily after returning from outdoors to remove the accumulation of dirt on the pores and preventing their further enlargement.
Medications to Get Rid of Pores
There are several over the counter products as well as prescribed medications which can be employed to get rid of pores when the natural remedies prove to be ineffective. However getting your skin type checked and consulting a qualified dermatologist prior to trying out any of such products will help prevent any unwanted allergies or reactions to the sensitive skin of your face.
- Spot Treatment: There are numerous commercial over the counter products that can be applied exactly over the affected areas to prevent and diminish the pores. The ones that contain Benzoyl peroxide and Salicylic acid are the most recommended. However these products must be completely washed off immediately after use to prevent any residual harmful effects.
- Chemical Masks: The most commonly used mask of this kind is the sulfur mask useful for unplugging pores and lowering inflammation of the skin, which can be obtained from your local drug store. This mask should never be applied over night as it tends to suck moisture and damage the skin of applied for long periods.
- Commercial Face Washes: A large number of face washes and face soaps are available which are designed to help get rid of pores by daily usage. The exact chemical composition of such commercial products needs to be carefully checked prior to application on the face.
- Prescribed Medication: When most of these remedies fail one can consult a dermatologist and seek prescription of topical as well as pill type drugs to effectively get rid of pores. These medicines are known to produce complete results in a matter of few weeks. The dermatologist may also advise cortisone injection in more advanced cases.
While adopting the above mentioned measures for getting rid of pores it is advisable to keep a few precautions in mind. Firstly one must not try out all the measures simultaneously and should go step by step by checking out each method for efficacy. Any natural mixture or commercial product that causes pain or discomfort to the skin must be immediately abandoned as it simply means that the product is unsuitable for your skin type. If nothing else works then the best solution might be to consult plastic surgeon for treating enlarged pores on the face and skin.
Getting rid of pores is a relatively easy and simple process which can be undertaken by almost everyone at the comfort of home. However in certain cases where the symptoms are severe medical treatment is advisable. Pores help the skin to breathe and are thus essential for maintaining a young looking skin. It is only when they get inflamed or blocked that the problem starts. Therefore by taking precautions which will prevent the blockage of the pores in the first place one can effectively get rid of pores even before they appear. There is an established relationship between oily skin and blocked pores which aggravate the situation by rapid deposit of sebum and dead cells. A thorough and regular skin cleansing and care routine will go a long way in ensuring that the enlarged and ugly pores stay away from your skin and keep you looking young and attractive.