Necklines That Suit You
- The Halter Neckline
- The Square neckline
- The Crew Neckline
- The ‘V’ neckline
- The Scoop neckline
- The Boat neck/ Bateau neckline
- The Turtle neckline
- Off- shoulder neckline
- The Sweetheart neckline
- The Keyhole neckline
- The Cowl neckline.
Large body frame.
* The halter-neck is best suitable for average to small busted women. It lays bare your arms providing greater exposure to your well-toned arms and narrow shoulders.
* This neck-line suits people with hourglass body-type the most.
* Those with heavy arms,broad shoulders and large chest should avoid wearing this as this will make you look wider than they actually are.
* For those with round face this neckline will help you down-play the roundness of your face and get the illusion of a square one.
* Pear shaped body-type goes well with this neckline as it helps to give the shoulders a broader look.
* Those with very square shoulders should not go for this neckline.
* Similarly, those with square face should avoid wearing this neckline as it can make your face look squarer.
This neckline is high, round and closed all around the neck. It is named after the neckline found on the crewmen’s jeresy. This is usually collarless and fits tightly at the base of the neckline. This style is a usual pattern with knitted fabrics.
* Heavier-set women or those with short neck.
* Those with square face should avoid wearing this as it will make your face appear wider.
* Round face will look rounder in this neck-line. So if you have a round face, avoid wearing this.
* If you have a wide neck or a large chest avoid wearing this neckline as this will make your neck appear shorter and your bust look wider.
V- Neckline is the most flattering neckline on most women because it emphasizes the oval shape of the face and makes the neck appear longer.
It creates a slimming effect and depending on the depth of the V- neckline it can be used to create the illusion of a broad shoulder or a narrow shoulder.
A Scoop-neck is a deep U-shape neckline. It is characterized by a large width and a full curve that dips down the chest.
It balances all body-flaws and gives an illusion of a good proportion.
* It will work good for those with narrow shoulders by giving them the maximum exposure and making them look broader than they actually are.
* It will make your body shape get closer to the hour-glass shape by making the upper part proportional to the bottom part.
* It creates an illusion of a larger bust size. Those with smaller bust can go for this neckline.
* This neck-line will look good on those with a short neck or a long face.
* Avoid this neck-line if you are skinny or your face is narrow as it will make you appear leaner.
Boat / Bateau Neckline
The boat neck is marked by the horizontal line that closely follows the collarbone and helps enhance narrow shoulders by creating a widening effect.
This neck-line suits faces of all shape.
* This neckline is suitable for those with small bust-size.Particularly those with a banana body shape.
* This is not an ideal one for those with broad shoulders or a short neck.
It helps to add an illusion of height and gives you an elongated look.
* This neckline will look good on those with long necks, narrow shoulders and faces.
* Looks good on Banana body shape
* Those with round face or short neck should avoid wearing polo necks.
* Avoid wearing polo-neck if you have a large chest.
* Women with Apple body shape should avoid this neckline.
However, this necklines suits women with medium built and an average bust size, the most.
Pear-shape women can look their best by wearing this neck-line.
Those with narrow shoulders can give this neckline a try as it will help you give your shoulders a broader look.
If you have heavy arms avoid wearing this neckline. Or pair it with a stole or cashmere shawl to hide heavy arms.
Ball gowns or evening dresses are mostly done in this neckline.
* This neckline suits more on women with medium built, and an average bust size.
* Pear body shape women can look their best by wearing this neck-line.
* Those with narrow shoulders can give this neckline a try as it will help you give your shoulders a broader look.
Off shoulder neckline
The neckline features folded fabrics that are wider and that drape looser than the close-fitting turtle-neck ones.
It may also feature lots of extra material that hang and cover considerable area of your chest.
The neckline is, like all others, a designer’s creation moulded in the fashion they like. The neckline can be highly embellished or plain. The neck-line may feature details like knife-pleating, cinched decollete, pleated cuff, sequins, beads, crossed ribbons, etc.
It may be widely seen on sweaters, camisoles, casuals,wedding or evening gown’s etc.
* Pear-shaped women with smaller busts and larger hips may appear in balance and proportion in this neck-line.
Sweetheart necklines accentuates the bust-line. Petite women with small breasts and narrow shoulders may wear them to appear more curvaceous.The vertical dip of the sweetheart neckline visually elongates the face and provides balance and proportion to the overall body.
* This style may look good on women of all ages.
* Avoid wearing deep necklines that create an illusion of a longer neck.
Small body frame