As the name suggests, re-usable sanitary pads are not disposed off once used. Instead, they can be washed and re-used. Washable menstrual pads come in bright colors and are most often available online.
Washable / re-usable sanitary pads are made of different materials such as cotton, silk, hemp and terry cloth and offer a good absorbency. They are available in different sizes and absorbencies.
Click here for: Disposable Sanitary Pads
Reusable cotton pads usually consist of two parts: a removable liner and a liner holder. There are all in one reusable sanitary pads as well.
How to use a washable sanitary pad with inserts:
- The removable liner is a rectangular piece of fabric with super absorbing properties. Attach the removable liner to the holder by placing it on top of it and safely securing it with the bands (tuck liners or inserts) on both the sides.
- The holder may have wings, clips or Velcro that allows the pad to adhere around the crotch of the panty to safely secure the pad in place.
How to wash a reusable sanitary pad:
- Reusable sanitary pads can be washed by machine or hand with the regular detergent. It is recommended to soak the pad for few hours in the detergent before washing it. Make sure to change the water for a better hygiene practice.
Advantages of using a washable / reusable sanitary pad:
- Washable sanitary pads are eco-friendly and bio-degradable.
- These can be reused many times before they wear out.
- They save on your pocket as you don’t need to purchase new sets of pads every month.
- These are more comfortable to use and don’t cause any sort of irritation as they are made of cotton.
- These are available in different variety to suit different needs.
Whether you go for a disposable one or a reusable one, choice is yours. But before you make up your mind, it is very important to carefully analyze the products and then make your choice.