One of the best ways to bring out the flower child in you is to sport a floral nail art. One such pattern is the criss cross and petals nail design. You don’t have to visit an expensive nail salon to flaunt such talons – and can get started on it by doing it yourself. All you need are certain nail paint items and a bit of patience – and you will have nails that’ll look professionally done!
Nail Art Items Needed:
Black, yellow and pink nail paint. You have to ensure that you use the thin tip brush variety or you could get the nail polish pens. You also need clear nail varnish.
Steps for making the criss cross and petals pattern
1. Take the black nail paint and draw four diagonally parallel lines – starting from either the top most side corner of the nail or the bottom inner most corner.
2. Next draw four lines from the opposite direction – so that they make a criss cross pattern with the earlier drawn lines.
3. Wait for the black criss cross lines to dry before moving onto the next steps.
4. Take the yellow nail paint and draw three yellow petals on the corner side of the nail, these could be any of the four corners – top right or left/bottom right or left.
Paint the nails of the index finger and the ring finger with yellow petals.
Try to draw the petals in different corners –for example, for the forefinger the petals could be drawn on the bottom right most corner and on the bottom left most corner for the ring finger.
5. Next take the pink nail paint and draw similar three pink petals on the nails of the thumb, middle finger and little finger.
Once again ensure that you draw the petals on different parts of each of these three nails. For example, it could be on the top left most corner of the nail of the thumb, middle of the bottom for the middle finger and top right most corner of the little finger’s nail.
6. Wait for the paint of the petals to dry. After that take the black nail paint and draw outlines on the petals to give them more definition.
Once again, wait for the black outlines to dry.
7. Finally use clear nail varnish to coat the nails so that your nail art stays in place for a week.
DIY nail art : criss cross flower petals
You could also make petals in different colors on all the 5 fingers, or if you want to experiment more then you could try a different shade for each of your 10 digits. For double color combinations you could also try – blue and orange or purple and red or any combination that catches your fancy. You can also stick crystal studs on the middle of the petals to make the nail art look jazzier, or perhaps use a clear glitter varnish! So, go ahead and have fun with the criss cross and petals nail art.