Are you bore of your hairstyle and wish to experiment? There are many options. Adding natural volume to your hair doesn’t need to involve an expensive trip to the salon. Try out different tricks to make your hair voluminous.
1) Hair extensions: Ready for a party or hangout and want to add instant volume to your hair? Try out hair extensions. These are gaining popularity among girls and women who wish to add length and volume to their hair. Read more about “Hair extensions”.
2) Hair dryer: Blow-drying hair upside down helps add volume to the hair. Start blow-drying by first using your fingers to gently lift the hair away from the scalp. Blow-dry your hair by tilting your head to the right and then brush it with a wide tooth comb. Repeat the same for the left side and finish at the back by tilting your head forward. Make sure that the dryer does not touch the hair and is not too close to the scalp. Run your fingers through the hair while using the dryer.
3) Hair curlers: Wrap large or small sections of hair as desired around the rollers beginning at the crown, working your way down the length of the hair. Blow-dry gently for at-least 5-6 minutes. Allow the hair to cool first and then gently remove the rollers avoiding any tangling. Brush out with a wide tooth comb or simply run your fingers through your hair. You can also use a round brush with a hair drier alone, to give those perfect curls to your hair by simply twisting your hair with the round comb and blow-drying. But this may cause tangling of your hair with the brush.
4) Hair teasing / back-combing: It’s an easy trick to make your hair fluffy. Start with detangling the hair. Using a flat-backed brush or a teasing brush, part off a section of hair from the rest of the strands and hold it straight up and out from the scalp with one hand. Start backcombing your strands in the opposite direction from its natural growth pattern. Spray newly teased sections with a firm hold hairspray and repeat doing it after each new section is created. Once all the strands are backcombed, select a firm hairspray to completely spray all of the teased hair.
5) Perming: Permanent or temporary wave, often called a perm is a chemical process to give permanent waves or curls to the hair. A chemical or a perming rod is used to provide the fluffy curls. A perm solution is applied to the hair in various sections avoiding the roots. The solution is allowed to stay for 1 hr and then the hair is washed properly with warm water.
A perm rod is a small plastic curler used for perming the hair. These are used with thin squares of paper while the hair is being rolled. After washing the hair, a section of the hair is wrapped on a perm rod and waving lotion is applied with a base. The solution triggers a chemical action that softens the inner structure of the hair.
The hair swells, softens, stretches and then moulds around the shape of the perm rod. After a specified period of time, the hair is rinsed and a neutralizer is applied.
6) Hair spray: Hairspray can be used after blow-drying, hair teasing, curling and perming. It helps the hair to stay in place.