Eyelash extensions, like hair extensions add length and volume to human eyelashes. If you wish to have longer, thicker, fuller, curly and sexy eyelashes then eyelash extensions is there to help you out. It is one of the latest way of achieving perfect lashes. These are synthetic and appear very much similar to the natural eyelashes.
Eyelash extensions are made of synthetic single fiber polyester thread-like material. It is applied to real human eyelashes to give eyelashes a fuller and longer look. These extensions come in various lengths, colors and thicknesses, and can be worn while sleeping, having shower and while swimming.
Who can go for eyelash extensions?
Everyone can have eyelash extensions applied. People normally go for the eyelash extensions to increase the volume of their natural eyelashes.
Since the eyelash extensions are applied on to the real eyelashes, therefore one needs to have some amount of natural eyelashes.
Who cannot have eyelash extensions?
People who have sensitive eyes, are allergic, have dry or overly teared eyes and who have a fast blink rate should avoid eyelash extensions. People undergoing chemotherapy should also stay away from this procedure.
People having such issues should rather stick to normal make-up such as mascara, eye-liners or shadows.
Where to get the eyelash extensions done?
Be very careful in choosing the right place to get your eyelash extensions done. It is very important to get the eyelash extensions done by a licensed and certified professional. A truly skilled and trained eyelash artist is an expert in his or her craft, and takes utmost care in offering this procedure.
Always look for salons which are renowned and have skilled artists. A skilled professional only can offer you the best results.
Eyelash extension kit:
Eyelash extension kit contains all the materials required to get the eyelash extensions done.
Things required for eyelash extensions are:
- Synthetic eyelashes (3 sets of different lengths)
- Handy air pump
- Micro tape
- Eyelash comb brush
- Eyelash extension glue
- Eyelash extension hair remover
Eyelash extension procedure:
The eyelash extension process consists of applying single strands of eyelash fibers (one at a time) to your own natural eyelashes.
Below is a step by step process of applying eyelash extensions by a certified professional.
1) A certified professional first examines the natural eyelashes and finds out the kind of look the client is looking for. Many eyelashes of different lengths and thickness are used while applying the eyelash extensions to create custom looks; including mascara looks, natural sets and even high-glam looks that might consist of more than 100 lashes on each eye.
2) Once the look is decided, the professional will remove all traces of makeup from the eyes by a non-oil cleanser and relaxes your eyes by giving some gentle eye massage.
3) The artist then peels off the micro tapes and sticks them beneath your lower eyelids and on your upper eyelids. The tape prevents any glue adhering to the skin and also allows a clear visibility of the natural eyelashes.
4) It is very important that the natural eyelashes are not curled as it prevents proper adhering of the eyelash extensions. Any such curls are removed. The eyelashes are then brushed gently to remove any clumps and make the eyelashes smooth.
5) With the help of the tweezers, the artist holds the synthetic eyelash’s polished tip and dips approximately 1/3 to 1/2 of the flat end into the adhesive glue.
6) The artist then isolates one natural lash and attaches the synthetic lash to the single isolated hair making sure that other natural lashes are separated so that they don’t become glued or stuck together. The lash is attached about 1 mm from the eyelid so that none of the eyelash extensions touches the skin or stick to each other. Similarly procedure is repeated for the rest of the eyelash extension strands.
7) A handy air pump is used to dry the glue. The air is pumped in a direction which curls the extensions straight up.
8) The artist then combs the eyelashes with eyelash brush comb to prevent the extensions from bundling together. This is done before the glue completely dries.
9) Eyelash extension can be applied to both eyelashes; upper, as well as lower eyelashes.
10) The entire process normally takes 2 hours, depending on how many lashes are applied.
Eyelash extensions aftercare:
- The first twenty-four hours after the procedure are crucial for a strong bond. You should keep your eyelashes dry and away from any water, steam or other creams. Avoid touching them frequently. For at least 1 day after getting the eyelash extensions done, avoid activities such as swimming, rigrous exercise, frequent washing of the eyes, application of mascara, a pencil liner or any other eye makeup product.
- Gently clean your lashes regularly. They are resistant to sweat, water and tears.
- Avoid any oil-based cleansers or products on or around the eyelashes as they break down the adhesive glue. Do not use waterproof mascara. You may use water-based mascara and water-based mascara remover. Always use water-based eye makeup remover.
- Avoid using harsh or heatel eyelash curlers as they can break your natural as well as synthetic lashes.
How long the eyelash extensions last?
Each eyelash extension is bonded to a single natural lash. Eyelash extension will remain in place until the natural lash on which it rests falls out. This can be as long as two months or more depending on the person’s lash growth rate. Once the natural lash falls, the lash extension also comes out. At this point of time one needs to get the touch-ups done to refill the area.
How often should you get touch-ups?
Eyelash tends to fall off approximately after every one and a half month and are replace by new ones. Eyelash extensions, which are applied on to the natural lashes also falls along with the natural ones. One may need to follow up and get new lashes attached.
Now you don’t need to spent hours perfecting mascara and eye-liners, and go through the hassles of strip lashes to create a more glamorous look. Going for eyelash extensions is a better option as compared to strip lashes. The strip lashes can cause permanent damage to the lash bed because of the constant application and removal processes involved. You cannot keep the strip lashes for longer hours. But, with eyelash extensions, you don’t need to worry about any of these. The extensions will remain there for a longer time and you can freely enjoy all the activities.