Shorts for the red carpet? Sounds queer but Katie Aselton shows us just how you can sport the more glamorous avatar of shorts for an evening out. The actress, director and producer wore a unique combination of sequined shorts with sailor striped batwing top.
She used a shimmery necklace to add that hint of bling to the upper half of the body and balanced the look with nude pumps. Her glittery shorts are, no doubt, a show stopper but what makes this look stand out is the way she has paired a very casual top with those shorts and made it ensemble look fabulous together.
How to wear shorts a la Katie :
- The reason why sequined shorts work better than sequined leggings or skirts is because it adds the right amount of glitter to your look, neither too little, nor too much. But to have a good balance between your top and shorts, you must choose a more casual, preferably plain top. Avoid pairing colorful prints with sequined shorts. Keep the look in monotones for it to be more effective.
- The great thing about shorts is that you have the liberty to not only wear your figure flattering tops on but you can also wear all your loose tops with it with equal elan. The look is not just comfortable but also stylish.
- Another thing to keep in mind while wearing sequined shorts, or any kind of shorts, is that there are a variety of styles available with slight differences. You can get the fitted shorts, loose boxer shorts, high waisted shorts or low wasited shorts. Some fine details like the waistband and pleats should also be considered before selecting a pair of shorts for yourself.
- A high pair of heels adds glamor to your everyday shorts so pick out the best pair while wearing shorts to a social event. Wearing flat sandals can make you look too under dressed for the occasion.
- Accessorize the look as required.