We saw the Models looking sophisticated walking the runway at the Veronika Basharatian collection presentation for Spring Summer 2012 during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week held on October 24, 2011 in Moscow, Russia.
Her extravagant collection with the classy yet sensuous makeup left us stunned and starry-eyed. The look was clean and can be carried off any-time, with following these simple steps. The smokey eyes and nude lips trend has been here for long and is a trend which is nowhere close to exit.
How to get Smokey Eyes
- Begin by applying a light color foundation base for the face and blend it nicely, especially around the eye-lids and brow-bone.
- Start the smokey eye, with a base of primer on the inner corner and lids. Dab the primer till the entire lid is covered and wait for it to dry.
- If letting the dark rule the eye make-up, begin by lining the eye with an eye-liner above the upper lash-line and keep going till you achieve a perfect line. One can use variations of thickness from starting to the end also.
- To add color hints on the bottom lash, draw a line using the eye-liner and smudge it with your fingers. For more sheen or a darker impact, one can use a dark black eye-shadow also.
- Take an eye-shadow brush and blend some light-grey or black eye-shadow with the eyeliner coat starting at the lash line. The gradation of dark to light should be visible from the lashes to the eyebrows.
- To have thick and flirty eyelashes, a number of coats of mascara should be applied.
- The eyes can be lined with kohl on the lower lid and the eyeliner and blending can be taken till the corner of the eyes for a greater impact and drama.
For the lips:
- Begin by scrubbing the lips and making sure the lips are soft and supple.
- The base for the lips should be a concealer so that the lip area appears uniform and single-colored. One can even prime the lips using foundation or pressed powder applied carefully.
- The lips can either have a nude lipstick shade on with layers and layers of gloss for sheen or lip-balm for a toned-down effect.
- Blending is what does the trick to achieve that perfect smoky eye.
- An eye-lash curler can be used for an extra-dramatic effect on the lashes.
- Do not skip the baseline of eye-liner, even if you go easy on the eye-shadow.
- The same look can be achieved with a play of color, using dark and light eye-shadows of the same tone along with the same-colored mascara and eyeliner. Experimentation is the key and there is no right or wrong, if you don’t mind carrying that loud make-up off.
- Darker color of the eye-shadow should be below and should be blended well with the lighter tone as one moves upwards.
- One can use an eyeliner pencil, a liquid liner or an eyeliner brush dipped into a deep shadow to line eyes. All of them give a great result if applied properly and patiently.
- Line the eyebrows with a brow pencil if required.
- The lips can be sealed with a lip-balm with SPF and moisturizer for extra protection.
- For rosy cheeks and a bit of playfulness, blush can be applied too on the cheekbones.
This insanely cool look will win your heart and have all eyes on you today and whenever you carry this one. A look that will never encourage a frown rather make you smile again and again.