The 2011 Oscars red carpet was the perfect place to spot this season’s trends when it comes to color and also see some classics revived. There is no refuting that black, white and red ruled the red carpet but other noteworthy shades donned by our female star list were lilacs, beiges and neutrals with a considerable amount of metallic. Here’s a quick look at the beauties that chose the same shade for the event.
Red and hot at the 2011 Oscars red carpet
- Anne Hathaway’s flouncy red Valentino gown was an eyeful. The actress was a host at the event and sported a number of different looks on stage as well.
- Jennifer Hudson’s bright vermillion gown was a tad different from the others but the color complimented her skin tone even better. The Atelier Versace gown from the Spring 2008 collection looked like it was custom made for Jennifer.
- Jennifer Lawrence, on the other hand, did have her sleek and minimal red gown designed specially for her by Calvin Klein.
- Sandra Bullock manages to strike perfection every time she hits the red carpet. This time as well the star looked gorgeous in this strapless red Vera Wang gown that accentuated her figure in every way.
Black and White Trend at the 2011 Oscars
- There are a million ways to wear black but Camila Alves went for an elegant and safe way of donning the classic color. The Brazilian dusky beauty looked extremely poised in a deep neck gown with a skirt full in volume.
- You would feel you were taken back in time if you saw Helena Bonham Carter at the Oscars red carpet. She wore what looked like a period costume complete with corset detailing and an intricately designed clutch bag.
- Maria Menouno’s black floor sweeping gown was made in velvet. The one shoulder dress had its own distinct look and charm about it.
- Some didn’t quite like what Marisa Tomie wore at the event. The figure hugging dress had its bulky skirt diagonally placed.
- The color black worked its magic for Oprah Winfrey as she looked glamorous in this sparkling Zac Posen gown with a grey skirt.
- Perhaps one of the best dressed at this year’s event was Reese Witherspoon in her plain black classic outfit. The white silk band on the neckline was just about perfect to avoid making the dress a regular black gown.
- Annette Bening shimmered in her dark grey Naem Khan gown.
- Melissa Leo Mark turned up in an unconventional evening gown at the event. The off-white dress made of thick lace had a collar, front slit and short sleeves.
- Nicole Kidman was wearing a noticeable white gown designed by Christian Dior. Nicole has been known for her unusual taste for red carpet gowns and this year was no exception.
Beige, neutrals and metallic trend at 2011 Oscars
- Hillary Swank was a class apart in this feathered silver-grey metallic gown. The unique strapless dress was a creation of Gucci.
- The neutral strapless Marchesa gown on Halle Berry looked attractive in its own way. With some shimmer in the form of beaded surface and a ruffled train, Halle walked the red carpet with grace.
- Mandy Moore also chose a nude shade for the red carpet. Her glittery gown was taken from the Spring 2011 collection of Monique Lhuillier.
- Florence Welch’s ivory organza gown was one of its kind. Its a Valentino Spring Couture dress with laces and full sleeves.
- Michelle Adams did justice to her overall look by opting for this customized neutral gown with silver beads by Chanel’s Spring 2011 Couture collection.
- Celine Dion was in her favorite color white but chose a dress with a metallic sheen to it. It was a straight silhouette gown with full sleeves and shoulder pads by Giorgio Armani.
- Calvin Klein was also Gwenyth Paltrow’s pick for attending the event. The striking silver metallic gown had very fine sequin detailing and a straight fit.
Pinks & Lilac at 2011 Oscars
- Cate Blanchett appeared in a one of a kind pale lilac dress with ornate beadwork in the top half of the dress. The archaic design of the dress was so unique its hard to tell what the inspiration for this was but nonetheless, Cate in this Givenchy dress knew what she was wearing. It also featured contrasting yellow details around the neckline and back.
- Young American actress Hailee Steinfeld looked pretty in this ankle length light pink Marchesa dress.
- Mila Kunis went for couturier Elie Saab’s beautiful lavender creation in laces and a waist band. She paired it with heels that matched the dress and her wavy hair finished the look.
- Purple was seen in all its glory on Natalie Portman. The soon to be mom chose an off shoulder Rodarte gown that was designed specially keeping her tummy in mind.
- Another lacy outfit, but this time in dark-pink on Scarlett Johansson. The Dolce and Gabbana outfit had an open back and narrow silhouette.