Stroke of a blush can literally enliven your face and at the same time give a proper shape. An effective stroke of a good blusher can be really effective and add on to the natural color of your skin. The right blush, as per experts, can basically contour your precious cheeks, make your cheekbones more visible and most importantly conceal the prominence look of your cheekbones. Many women use a blusher to shade their cheeks just the way they use a lipstick to color their lips. On a round shaped face, the right stroke of the blush can add the slimming illusion as well.
Rather than just choosing any blusher for yourself, invest a few minutes into reading this write-up to learn the colors that go work best for varied shapes of face, how to apply the blush in the right stroke and learn which particular regions to add color. Nevertheless the color you choose, it is important that you learn how to apply the blush correctly, what is the correct movement of the blusher brush so as to create the right effect on the face.
Matte or powdered… which one’s best for me?
Today, blush is readily available in both the cream as well as compact form. Most of these two types are available in three basic colors- brown, pink and peach. Of course, there are numerous variations in these colors that are available today, however, the parent color remains the same as stated above. Matte blusher in natural colors works the best for women with oily skin.
Powdered blush is suitable for women with oily as well as dry kind of skin. The only advantage that the powdered form of the blush enjoys over the matte blush is the convenience of its portability and application. The powdered form of the blush is easily available in small carry boxes which can easily fit into pockets as well as purses.
Cream blusher as the name says is best for dry skin tones. The cream blush colors the cheekbones and at the same time effectively hydrates the skin as well. Nevertheless your choice, the right time suggested for the application of the blusher by most of guides on how to correctly apply blush is after the application of the foundation. The blusher must be stroked well so as to merge its color well with the skin and produce a natural effect.
How to apply blush
- The first and foremost step in this guide of how to apply blush correctly is making the right choice of the blush color. The right method of making the correct choice for the blush is by first spanking your cheeks and then checking the natural color. Note the color of your cheeks and then invest your money into buying the blush-on that matches closest to your natural color. Else, another trick that works well for choosing the right blush is by matching the color of the same with your lips’ color. Ideally, for people with fair skin, rose color looks the best.
- Now choose the right formula of the blush that would work best for your skin tone. Matte blusher in natural colors works the best for women with oily skin. Powdered blush is suitable for women with oily as well as dry kind of skin. Cream blusher as the name says is best for dry skin tones. So make an intelligent choice with the help of these hints.
- Apply the rest of your make-up essentials first, especially your concealer, foundation and lipstick. Leave the blush for the last or the second last application on the skin.
- Once the above mentioned make-up essentials have been applied, look for the right blush brush and dab it slightly over the blush color.
- Now look at the mirror and smile. This position of the cheeks helps in locating the main apple on your cheeks. Now apply the blush.
- Hold on to this position and apply blush essentially to the apples of the cheeks first. Make the stroke of the brush from inward to outwards and continue with the movement until the blush color has completely merged with your skin.
- To learn how to effectively merge the color of the blush with the tone of your natural skin, keep moving the brush in the right stroke. If you notice that there is still a heavy dab of the blusher, use a clean finger and move it over the cheeks in the circular movement. Further, you may apply a dab of translucent powder over the cheeks to neutralize the appeal of excessive blush color. These steps essentially help prevent the need for washing and re-applying the blusher all over again.
- Once you are satisfied with the look of the blush on your cheeks, finish your entire appeal with a slight dab of translucent powder all over the face.
Extra tips on how to apply blush correctly
- For a more summerish or sun kissed appeal, apply a dab of bronze colored blusher rather than opting for pink or red shades.
- You can even experiment with various shades of blush-ons for an absolute exclusive look. You may either dab the brush on two or more blushers to create a unique shade for your cheeks. Or, you may even apply the base blush and then dab a different colored blush on for that special look.
- Always clean your brushes with sanitized baby wipes. This is one of the most important steps on how to apply blusher effectively. If you don’t keep them clean, chances are likely that the bacteria may accumulate on the brush and transfer on to your skin.
- Always sweep the brush filled with blush in one direction only. This step is most important in this guide of how to apply blush. Moving the blush in one direction helps the color to merge efficiently into the natural skin tone.
So get your blushers and brushers ready to experiment with a new look! Learn how to apply blush correctly from the article and give it a try.