Sunglasses are a must every season to beat the harsh sun rays. Being an accessory which can instantly add glamor to your entire look, it is great to watch out for what’s new and make it a part of your wardrobe. Our style pick of the day is the good old sunglasses, but with a round frame.
These have been donned by the models on the Alexandre Herchcovitch Spring/summer 2012 fashion show during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week at EYEBEAM last September.
The Brazilian designer, who took everyone by surprise with his ultra feminine designs in this collection, chose to use this retro framed sun glasses as accessory to give a great final touch of feminity to the models.
Decoding the style: Round framed sunglasses
The sunglasses are a part of the collaboration of MYKITA sunglasses with the designer Alexandre Herchcovitch. The round frames are retro in nature but with a futuristic flair. The round frames are made of stainless steel making it virtually unbreakable. The vanilla colored half round frames held together rose tinted round glasses. The round frames made the shape of the frames retro, whereas the tinted glasses and the stainless steel vanilla colored frame made the sunglasses modern, making it a must to have in any fashion conscious women’s wardrobe a must. A perfect blend of modern and old fashioned!
How to adopt the round framed sunglasses style Glamchecks’ top tips?
The round frame sunglasses are very much in, as the look of 1950’s- 1960’s is now really hot on the fashion circles. To make this style work for you, here are our top tips:
- Sunglasses are one accessory where the more you have, the merrier! You could opt for neutral colored round frames such as vanilla or brown or good old black or go with the other big trend of the season – color blocked frames. Match the color blocked frames with the color of your outfit and prepare to beat the heat!
- The color of the glasses is another thing where you may have a lot of choice – right from dark glasses to rose tint to a brown tint – all are available in the market. Choose based on your personal need and liking. Pay close attention to the end use too – would you be stepping out in the harsh sun or is it moderate sun rays that you would be facing. Traditionally, the harsher the sun rays, the darker should be the color of your glasses. Pay attention to the quality of the glasses too for they are essential to maintain healthy eyes.
- The round frames are ultra feminine – try wearing them with outfits which enhance the feminine side of you! Some outfit ideas of teaming these with are sundresses, floral skirts, pencil trousers, shorts etc.
- Round framed sunglasses can be teamed with almost any hair style. You could opt to tie your hair in a high ponytail. Leaving your hair open looks great too. These sun glasses look great with shorter gelled hair styles such as the wedge, cropped and bob too.
- Remember to carry off these with confidence and you are sure to look your best!
Give the round frame sunglasses a try this summer and do write in to let us know what you liked about them and how did you make them work for you?