Eye-shadow is an essential part of a girl’s make-up. Glam up your eyes and look dressed up instantly. The conventional way of using the eye- shadow is to highlight the corner of the eyes, the center of the eyelids and along the brow bone. These are then blended to the base to give a shaded effect. At the Zero + Maria Cornejo fashion show during Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week Spring 2014 at Eyebeam on September 9, 2013 in New York City an unusual trend was spotted.
Beauty How To – Be Minimalistic But Bold with White Eyeshadow
The eye-shadow was used only on the center of the eyelid in a stark white colour, in a strip like fashion. The use of make-up was minimal but the impact was high. This was complimented by the hair which was pulled back, with two top partings to tie up the top hair like a block on which a metal strip was placed. The overall look was very modern and futuristic incorporating architectural and anthropological references from past civilizations.
Makeup How To:
For those who are willing to experiment and are the free spirited, this is an opportunity for you to stand out. The main focus of this look is the eye but a base needs to be prepared to get it right.
Minimalistic But Bold with White Eyeshadow
- You can get started with a nicely moisturised cleansed face. Apply some foundation and powder to even out your skin and maybe a concealer to hide the skin flaws to get the bare-faced look.
- Apply slight blush in natural colour to highlight the cheek bone.
- Now for the eyes, apply a natural base colour eye-shadow on the entire eye-lid to make it uniform.
- Take a stark white or a silver eye-shadow and put it on the center of the eyelids, as a block.
- Give a few coats of eye-shadow in the center of the eye-lid to get a stronger shade.
- Apply mascara near the roots to give the illusion of length
- Fill the sparse eye-brows with short and light pencil strokes.
- You can opt for a natural or a pink shade of lipstick to finish the look.
Makeup how to White Eyeshadow
- To keep the make-up longer, apply a primer on the lids before applying shadow
- Place your fingers as a “V” using the index and middle finger on top of the eyelid exposing only the center, so that the shadow does not spread out.
- Use a half inch flat brush to get a bold block for the eye-shadow.
- You can try-out other shades of eye-shadow for the highlight on the base according to your attire.
- The combination of a lighter base and a darker highlight can also create an interesting contrasting effect.
This look is very easy to achieve and can be carried out to parties. It has a fun element to it without being too in your face. You can add to the glam quotient by addition of false lashes.