Opting to bleach hair is a good option if you really find the growth of unwanted hair on the most visible regions of your skin embarrassing. Application of the right bleach in the correct fashion effectively lightens the dark hair and merges their colour with the tone of your skin. However, any one wrong measure is likely to cause burns and thus make your skin even more blatantly visible for the wrong reasons to the world. Therefore, before you take the plunge of bleaching your hair, here’s a briefer on the measures that will guide you how to bleach hair with minimum risks.
However, before jumping on further, there is a word of precaution for all in this how to bleach guideline. Once you are done with your decision to bleach hair, you can practically never undo its effect. In other words, once your hair, nevertheless the region, has been bleached to the typical golden brown color, they may never come back to their normal color / tone naturally. You may have to use a color dye to bring them back to their original tone.
How to bleach hair on the body
The steps mentioned below in this how to bleach guideline explains you how to exactly bleach hair on your body without incurring any unwanted damage. There are a few steps to follow that get you started with the process. Make sure to make available a bleaching cream, clean towel, cold water and a protective cream to be applied after the completion of the bleach process. It is strongly suggested to conduct a patch test before actually trying to bleach hair. For the patch test, make sure to mix the ingredients of the bleach pack exactly as suggested in the ingredients.
Once the mixture is done, apply the same on the desired place for at least 15 minutes or the time as suggested by the directions. In case you don’t find any redness or rashes appearing on the skin for the next 24 hours then this means that the cream is gentle on your skin and is apt for further usage. However, in case of emergence of any signs of irritation, it is strongly recommended to stop the usage of the cream immediately.
Steps on how to bleach hair on body
The following steps in this how to bleach guideline should only be conducted when the patch test has not resulted into any unwanted signs of irritation or inflammation.
Clean the area: To bleach hair on the hair, first choose the areas which you want to lighten. Then wash those selected areas with a gentle soap and rinse the same with cool water. Never rinse the body with hot or lukewarm water or exfoliate the skin as doing the same may open up the pores on the skin surface and thus make it more prone to rashes.
Prepare the mixture: This is one of the most important steps in this guide on how to bleach hair. Blind application of the cream to bleach hair on the body without paying much attention to its right mixture may result into the inflammation of the skin. To avoid this side effect, always apply the ingredients of the bleach in the quantity as suggested by the instructions. Also remember that you should mix the ingredients only when are absolutely ready to bleach hair so that the mixture is strong enough to transform the color of the hair.
Apply the bleach: The heart of this guide on how to bleach hair is the right application of the cream for maximum effect. While applying the cream to bleach hair make sure that the cream completely covers the hair. Apply gently and avoid rubbing the area with the cream.
Allow the cream to rest: To learn how to properly bleach hair, allow the cream to rest on the body area for at least 10 minutes or for the time period as suggested by the instructions. In case the bleach cream starts burning on the skin, take it off immediately.
Check: After the suggested time period to bleach hair is over, remove the cream from certain portion to check the color has been changed or not. If yes, remove the same with the help of a wet and clean towel and then pat dry.
Steps on how to bleach hair on scalp
- The night before you decide to bleach hair on the scalp, wash them thoroughly with a gentle shampoo.
- Since bleaching can create a real mess, carry on the task to bleach hair of the scalp in your bathroom. Therefore, select an appropriate corner of your bathroom and pat it well before attempting the procedure.
- Further, one of the most neglected points in most of the guidelines on how to bleach hair is the use of fresh gloves for carrying on the treatment. So, make sure that you have a pair of clean and well dried gloves to bleach hair on any region of the hairy skin.
- Next in the guideline of how to bleach hair is the preparation of the bleach mixture. Wear your gloves and fill up your spray bottle with the advised quantity of bleach. If you are looking forward to bear a streaks’ look for the scalp, pour the mixture onto a bowl and then use a cotton bud to apply it over to your hair strands.
- To evenly spread bleach hair on the scalp, divide them into equal sections and apply the solution to each section one by one. The ideal way which most of the guideline on how to bleach hair properly suggest the starting of the process from the back of your hair and then ending it in the front region of the hair
- Once you are done with the application of the bleach, start the countdown for its end time. Leaving hydrogen peroxide on the hair for a longer time may result into damages like permanent discoloring of the hair, hair burns, breakages, in case of scalp hair and in extreme cases, balding.
How to Bleach hair naturally
Diluted lemon juice
Concentrated form of lemon juice mixed with a few drops of olive oil in a glass of water works as a natural bleaching agent for your dark hair. You can wash your body hair with this diluted mixture on a daily basis to effectively bleach your hair without the risk of graying them.
One cup of normal black tea must be allowed to cool at the room temperature. The tea can be then easily applied all over the body and scalp hair before taking bathe and allowed to pat dry. Wash the hair once the black tea is dry.
Boil a few petals of this flower in water and let the mixture cool for 30 minutes. Once the mixture reaches the normal temperature, apply it all over the body. Let your body remain soaked in the solution for 20 minutes and then wash.
Sun is known to cause tanning on the skin when it is exposed nude. Not may people know that besides healthy tanning, mild to moderate exposure to the sun rays is yet another natural way to bleach hair without causing any significant damages. Of course, that does not mean that you will not apply sunscreen lotion on your skin. Unsafe or nude regions of the skin may experience tanning nevertheless mild to moderate sun rays.
Soaking the hair in chlorinated water can bleach hair, however, to a minor extend. The effects of this natural means to bleach hair can only be observed when the body and scalp hair are let loose under the sun for drying.
These were some of the most effective steps on how to bleach hair safely!