Be a slave of fashion, with this snazzy trend of leather pants. Known for its versatility and its comfort, this makes it the style pick of the day. Fall 2011 invites this trend in full swing, with the leather pants reaching all our wardrobes at a lightning speed.
Leather is synonymous with glamour and luxury and is a must-have for fall. Another recurring trend, the leather pants either come simple or flashy with detailing of zippers, patches, panels or studs. Anna Hathaway, Elle Macpherson, Hillary Duff and Victoria Beckham gave this trend a headsup and inspired us with their various ways of carrying it.
Leather pants were a classy favorite among the Tommy Hilfiger Fall 2011 collection showcased during the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week held at New York on February 13, 2011. Tommy Hilfiger brings in the prep at the runway, based on the theme of ‘Rock Star’s girlfriend’.
Burgundy and Navy-blue, became the color highlights and gave the leather pants a new look in these muted but rich tones. Some were sized right, just finishing at the ankle while the others settled just at the mid-calf. The cliché of the black leather pants was broken and colored leather lowers were carried with a lot more oomph.
Printed shearling tops and knit capes were incorporated with leather pants for an androgynous 70’s inspired glam look. Tan-colored belts, boat shaped loafers and the duffel bags were a cherry on the cake for the ‘Punk Chic’ look.
Get the look:
- Balance the look of the skinnies, with an over-sized shirt, a sweatshirt or a long top. Pair it up with high-top sneakers or ballerina flats for a sporty or a casual look.
- A Page 3 look can be achieved by donning a long inner, a crisp blazer along with kitten heels, knee-high boots or your favorite Loboutins.
- Leather on leather is also a great tip for this trend till you keep it minimal and in the same color tones.
- One can either go for a goth inspired all black look or wear an ‘outstanding’ colored blazer or a vibrant scarf to break the black.
- Choose to be daring and different and opt for a brown leather pant for that ‘head turner ‘look.
- Choose the right length and the right fit.
- Make sure your leather pants fit well on the curves and help accentuate them. If you don’t have the perfect booty, try this trend with an asset covering long top.
- The fitting of the leather pants on the crotch are of utmost importance, it should neither be too loose nor too tight.
- For a budget buy, one can even go for a faux leather pair which looks equally stunning on those long legs.
- Leather pants symbolize luxury and glamor and make a great pick for both night and day.
- A scarf, a chunky long necklace or a saddle bag works out as a great accessory. Make sure to go easy and choose one ‘dominant’ accessory rather than overdoing it, letting the accessorizing bit outshine that sleek fit.