Have you been dreaming of strong, healthy, luxurious hair but are unable to ever get it to grow long? Or perhaps you cut your hair real short and realized that it looks awful on you and want your hair to grow out real quick. We’ll take an in-depth look today at every little thing you can do to help you grow hair fast.
Before we begin though, you have to accept that there is no real remedy or treatment to grow hair fast. Each person’s hair grows at a different rate, the average being 6 inches a year. There is honestly not much you can do to speed things up to grow hair fast. What you can do though is to make sure that your hair has everything it needs to grow as fast as it possibly can. We’ll cover the main categories that you will need to look into if you want to learn how to grow hair fast.
Nutrition to Grow Hair Fast
Everything that grows needs some kind of food or fuel. Your hair is no different. If you want to grow hair fast, you have to eat the right kind of foods that have the nutrition your hair needs to grow.
Your hair and skin are a reflection of your health. So if your skin or hair are dull and lifeless, it is because your diet is insufficient or imbalanced. Following is a list of some foods that you should include in your diet if you want to grow hair fast.
- Green leafy veggies like spinach, broccoli, dill, coriander and lettuce will work wonders in helping you grow hair fast as well as improving your complexion.
- Whole grains and cereals like wheat, rice, barley, quinoa, and maize are excellent sources of carbs, proteins, vitamins and minerals which will help you grow hair fast.
- To grow hair fast, you must include foods that are rich in protein like chicken, fish, eggs, soy products, dairy products, beans, lentils, nuts and seeds.
- All vegetables – if steamed, boiled or baked – are excellent for skin and hair.
- Vitamin B is essential to grow hair fast. Foods that include vitamin B are tuna, bananas, avocados, and oats.
- Reduce caffeine and alcohol intake. Both rob your skin and hair of moisture.
This is just a guideline. You may not be able to eat certain kinds of foods because of allergies, beliefs, or food preferences. Visit a nutritionist to get a customized diet plan for you to follow if you want to grow hair fast.
How To Grow Hair Fast – Reduce Stress To Grow Hair Fast
Stress is one of the main reasons for all health problems today. Most of us work too hard, sleep too little, and have anxiety attacks about every minor detail in our lives. And the first place it shows is our skin and hair. So no guide about how to grow hair fast can be complete without touching up on reducing stress in our lives.
Grow Hair Fast by Reducing Stress
- You have to find a way to manage the overwhelming stress in your life if you want to grow hair fast. If your stress is due to work, either cut down on your hours, delegate, or develop time management skills. If personal problems are at the heart of your anxiety, then see a counselor or a therapist to work through your problems. You have to make a conscious effort to tackle your stress, it will not go away on its own.
- Taking up a much-loved hobby can work wonders in reducing stress, thus helping to grow hair fast. Play a sport, knit, read, paint, garden – whatever you like. You’ll have fun and grow hair fast at the same time.
- Take time out. Treat your holiday like a holiday, not a work-at-home day. If you can’t keep from checking your mails or jotting down notes for a report, get out of the house and do something, even if its nothing more than taking a walk.
- Spend time alone. You probably interact with a lot of people throughout the day – family, friends, colleagues, butcher, grocer, salespeople. You have not time for your own thoughts. Keep aside about half an hour a day to just sit with yourself. You can either simply sit in silence and try to find the stillness within or you can talk to yourself and ask yourself how you’re doing. This kind of self-counseling is not only highly soothing, it is also an effective way to finding answers to your problems.
All these little things will help reduce stress to an extent and will help to grow hair fast. But there are some slightly bigger steps you’ll need to take to reduce stress so your hair can grow faster.
Grow Hair Fast by Sleeping More
The first and usually the best way to reduce stress on your body and mind is to get enough sleep. Problems just don’t seem so bad when you have had a chance to sleep on them. You need at least 7 hours of sleep a night. But this is just an average. Many people need between 7 and 9 hours of deep sleep.
We all want to get more done with our lives so the first thing we sacrifice in the bargain is our sleep. Some people actually think sleep is a waste of time and that life is meant to be awake and lived. This is all well and good, but what’s the point of it if you are going to look terrible because of your bad hair/skin/health and be tired all the time? Get your sleep. Make it a priority. Put it on your schedule. Your hair will thank you, as will your skin and the rest of your body too. Here’s why this will work to grow hair fast.
When you are awake, there are so many things your body has to do that it has no time to fix problems. But when you sleep, it has the opportunity to do a maintenance check and repair. It starts with the organs and essential functions, and only then moves on to to non-essential functions such as the growth of hair. Most of us sleep so little that the maintenance on the hair and skin is interrupted, if indeed we allow it to get to that point at all. So if you sleep longer, your body will have a chance to finally catch up with that part of its job and this will help you grow hair fast.
Grow Hair Fast By Exercising
What’s exercise doing in a section about stress, you ask? And why is it featured in a how to grow hair fast guide? Exercise reduces stress, flushes out toxins, improves blood circulation, boosts the immune system, and promotes overall good health. Exercise also helps you sleep better which, as we have just seen, is crucial to grow hair fast. Anything that is good for your body is good for your hair and skin. So take a walk, lift some weights, take a jog around the block, play with your kids, take a dance class, do some yoga. Just moving around more will do too.
There is research to support that excessive exercise can cause hair loss. But this is only the case in individuals who exercise to extreme levels like athletes or people with body image issues. If you do about 30 to 40 minutes of moderate to vigorous exercise everyday, it will not have a negative impact on your hair at all.
Grooming to Grow Hair Fast
Good grooming is essential if you want to grow hair fast.
- Keep your hair clean. Shampoo and condition regularly. Do not shampoo too often though as it is quite harsh on scalp and hair. Also remember to wash your hair in cold water as hot water strips away the natural oils on your scalp and makes it dry, which in turn is a risk for inflammation and subsequently damaged follicles. When using conditioner, avoid the scalp. Focus on the ends and body of your hair.
- Comb or brush your hair to keep the knots out and prevent tangles. Don’t forget to flip hair upside down and brush too. This stimulates blood circulation which is good for the follicles and the overall health of your scalp. Not to mention that it gives your hair natural bounce without hair products.
- Avoid blow drying or hair straightening. Basically, keep your hair away from the heating tools as they tend to make hair dry and more vulnerable to breakage. If you must blow dry, use a leave-in conditioner first. Then focus the hot air on the ends and body while avoiding the scalp so as to minimize damage.
- Don’t wear tight hairstyles too often as these can damage the follicles and prevent faster hair growth.
- Trim your hair every couple of months. This may seem like contradictory advice considering that this is supposed to be a guide about how to grow hair fast. But trimming your hair will get rid of split ends so that when your hair grows faster it will at least grow in a shapely fashion. There’s no point having long hair if it’s going to grow all over the place and make you look awful.
Extra Care to Grow Hair Fast
We all take care of our hair to some extent on a daily basis. But if you want to learn how to grow hair fast, then you have to be prepared to take extra measures.
Grow Hair Fast with Hair Growth Accelerators
There are several over-the-counter lotions and oils that claim to grow hair fast. You can always give them a try. The efficacy will depend on the product, and the results usually vary drastically from person to person.
Taking Care of Your Scalp to Grow Hair Fast
Actually, you should be taking care of your scalp regardless of whether you want to grow hair fast or not. These are simple things you should be doing to keep your scalp and hair healthy.
Cleaning the Scalp
Take half a cup of apple cider vinegar and mix with half a cup of water. Use this concoction to rinse out your hair about once a week after you shampoo and condition. The apple cider vinegar gets rid of the residue that is left behind on your scalp from the harsh chemicals used in hair products. It needs to be mixed with water because apple cider vinegar is acidic in nature and can damage your hair if applied on its own.
This has been a remedy to grow hair fast since time immemorial. Massage stimulates the blood flow through the scalp, which strengthens hair follicles too. Another thing scalp massage does is to relax the scalp. This makes the environment on the scalp more conducive to hair growth. So if you want to grow hair fast, massage your scalp for at least 15 to 20 minutes on a daily basis.
You can massage while you wash your hair, or you can do a hot oil massage. For the latter, heat some oil in a small container until it is hot but not scalding (that’s about 30 seconds in a microwave and a little under a minute over a stove). Now gently massage this oil onto scalp in circular motions with your finger tips. The pressure should be firm but not too vigorous as this can weaken follicles. Massage for about 15 minutes. You can wash off immediately, but it would help grow hair fast if you left the oil on your scalp for at least an hour after the massage.
If heating the oil is not convenient, at least rub the oil vigorously in your palm so that some of your body heat is infused in it, and then massage scalp to grow hair fast.
The best oils to use for scalp massage to grow hair fast are coconut oil, rosemary oil, almond oil, and even olive oil. The last two in particular are very good to grow hair fast and maintain healthy hair. You can add a few drops of lavender, thyme, jojoba or cedarwood oil to your main oil for extra nourishment to help grow hair fast.
Protect Your Hair From Sun and Pollutants
Modern cities are hell for your hair. There are no trees to protect us from the sun’s harmful UV rays, and we breathe in more smoke than oxygen. Imagine what it must do to your hair.
There’s no real remedy to protecting your hair from pollution unless you literally move out of the city. But you can always wear a trendy scarf or hat when you get out of the house, especially if you are going to be traveling. You can remove the head gear when you reach your destination.
As for protecting your hair from UV rays, use a leave-in conditioner or hair serum that has a sun protection factor of 15 or above.
Homemade Hair Mask to Grow Hair Fast
There are several very easy to prepare hair masks that you can make from items in your kitchen which can help you grow hair fast. A hair mask deeply conditions and cleans the scalp and hair, strengthens follicles, and adds shine and bounce to your tresses. Here’s a really simple hair mask to grow hair fast. Mix one egg yolk with a tablespoon of honey. If you have long hair, i.e., beyond shoulder-length, then increase the quantity of ingredients accordingly. Apply mask on your hair and scalp and leave it in for 30 to 40 minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water. Do this about once a week to grow hair fast.
What if You Cannot Grow Hair Fast?
If you cannot grow hair fast despite giving it the right kind of care, then perhaps there is an underlying health condition that is preventing it.
- Hormonal imbalance caused by thyroid dysfunction, pregnancy, or menopause can prevent hair from growing fast.
- Skin conditions like ringworm, dermatitis, or psoriasis can sometimes be the reason you cannot grow hair fast.
- Slow hair growth may also be a side-effect of certain medications that you are on like anti-depressants or birth control pills. Speak to your doctor about the medicines that you are taking to figure out if this may be the problem.
Your hair will grow at its own pace. Some of these grow hair fast techniques may work for you, or you might find that nothing works at all. Be patient. A watched pot never boils. Follow the guidelines here, but don’t get obsessive. While you are waiting for your hair to grow you can always try out other options.
- Wear a wig. There are so many lengths, colors and styles available. You’ll never get bored and you won’t have to work too hard on your hair when dressing up for an evening out.
- Get hair extensions. These are not as cost-effective as wigs, but are nevertheless a brilliant option if you cannot grow hair fast naturally.