The neat yet rebellious look of this hairstyle came into the limelight at the Diesel Black Gold Fall 2011 collection presentation during Mercedes-Benz Fashion week held at Pier 94, New York on 15th February 2011. The look was spotted on Model Katie Fogarty walking the ramp for Sophia Kokosalaki‘s collection for Diesel Black Gold for the season.
The hairstyle at the Diesel Black Gold presentation was a holy grail among the show elements. It had a modern twist balancing the look of simple with edgy. The cross over across the forehead looked neat and the braids on the underside alleviated the volume and the look of the hair.
One should have the keenness to experiment for this look, and be ready to wash of those litres of spray in your hair. Guido Palau showed his spin on the models walking the ramp, with his classy-meets-edgy sensibility. A wet- look that showed its beauty on every hair colour and length and gave a different impact on each face-cut and outfit. The look was inspired by the mix of casual yet glam look of the 70’s era.
To get this androgynous look, with international flair follow this hairstyle how to guide:
- After a thorough hair wash, apply a hair-lifting spray on the wet hair. The hair-lifting spray works best for anti-frizz control and having the hair appear fuller.
- Create an asymmetric parting and leave hair covering one eye completely over the face.
- The locks should be left, for drying naturally.
- After the hair dries out, spray the hair with a finishing aerosol spray to set it in a texture required using hands.
- Finish the underside hair into braids, to reduce the volume of the hair and for the strands to appear lighter.
- When the volume is made much lesser, one side of the hair will appear in a side parting on the face. Tuck in the strands of the left over hair on the other side, inside the clothes for a shapelier look.
- The un-combed look will appear more natural and contemporary, and is a bespoke look for the ramp.
- Make sure to use an optimum not excessive amount of spray, for the braids to be in place and the hair remains in the shape given.
- Also, the spray should be used with eyes closed to avoid it from eye contact.
- The spray or the hair product must be applied and scrunched and rubbed on each strand properly, to avoid it from becoming too sticky at one place and have the hair take the asymmetric look on the face perfectly.
- Please make sure that the hair is not tangled or bunched up before applying the spray.