The fishtail braids are an enduring classic and summer is here at last. As much as we would like to flaunt our well-maintained locks in their natural or ironed state, we like to have our hair tied and not perspire even more. This wacky yet uber-flirty hairstyle was witnessed during Akama Spring summer 2012 collection presentation at Mercedes Benz fashion week, sported by models with bright colored painted lips.
Two Fishtail Braids along with Bangs hairstyle is fairly easy to do and is an adaptation of the herringbone braid or the fishtail braid along with hiding the forehead with bangs and focusing on the braids and the crown area of the head. With a step-by-step guide provided here, we show you how to get this hairdo perfectly.
Things you need:
- A wide tooth comb
- A tail comb
- Hair ties
- Finishing spray
Hairstyle How To: Two Fishtail Braids along with Bangs
- After a thorough hair wash with shampoo, use some conditioner. This will give a better texture to the hair.
- Now, start drying the hair with a hairdryer to achieve completely dry hair or we can even work with towel-dry or damp hair.
- Before beginning to divide the hair into sections, we need to remove all the tangles and that should be done using a wide tooth comb.
- Now for a smoother and knot-free texture, comb through the hair again using a tail comb to remove breakage or small tangles.
- Once, the hair is completely smooth, divide it into sections using a tail comb.
- First,divide the hair horizontally running parallel from ear to ear. The hair is now divided into two sections; front and back.
- The front hair is for the bangs and the back section for the braids.
- Now divide the back section into left section and right section, using a tail comb starting at the hairline but behind the bangs.
- Now, taking control on each section one by one, comb it again to have the hair smooth.
- For the braid, split the hair into two even sections.
- Hold each section in either hand. Start picking up small strands on the outside from the left section with your left hand and cross it over and add to the inside of the right section.
- On the other side, hold the left section in your left hand and take a thin strand of hair from the outside of the right section and cross it over to the inside of the left section.
- Keep repeating the same process with the movement and coordination of your hands being stable and correct.
- Repeat these steps till you reach the tip of the hair on one side and secure the fishbraid using a hair-tie.
- Make another fishbraid on the other side of the head, repeating the same steps.
- Comb the bangs once more and finish the hairstyle with some finishing spray onto the braids and the bangs, so that everything remains in place.
- Braiding damp or wet hair, results in a smooth and tighter braid than in the case of braids done in dry hair.
- Using a finishing spray, keeps the braid in place and the loose ends don’t come out making the braid appear neat.
- Keep hands close to the head while braiding to achieve tighter braids.
- For a messy look, the hair can be completely dried and some mousse can be used for texture.
- To try this hairstyle, the hair should be at-least of medium or long length. Best results are achieved if the hair is cut uniformly throughout. This hairstyle is a revamped version of a common schoolgirl hairdo and breathes the very essence of a ‘dandy look’. It is great for college or a fun-hangout on a scorching- sunny day.