Floral prints and chiffon seems to be the perfect recipe for a great summer ensemble. When you have all of these in a single garment, you have a winner on hands. Our style pick of the day is one such skirt – a flirty floral chiffon yellow mini skirt, showcased by Viva Vox in the Collection for Spring-Summer 2012 during Volvo Fashion Week in Moscow Russia.
The mid thigh length skirt made in light weight chiffon, swung along beautifully as the model sashayed down the ramp. The floral print in yellow and tones of pink and green added beauty to the short skirt, without making it look too busy.
The skirt had a self fabric overlay at one side and a solid beige chiffon lining with black embroidery line which was a design feature. The overlay and the lining helped give body to the skirt, making it drape better without really clinging on to the model.
To add to the casual chic look, the model tied a fabric belt in printed black chiffon casually around the waist, with the loose ends of the belt hanging to one side. The print on the belt was the same as the skirt, making the belt an integral part of the whole ensemble.
How to make this style work for you?
I am sure you would agree that the style is a must to have this summer, it is breezy and the look is relaxed. So how do you make this style pick of the day work for you?
- The yellow printed skirt looks great when teamed with a solid top – like in this case a black top. As the skirt has a busy print on it, avoid wearing a printed top with it as the entire look may end up looking a bit over the top. Wearing shirts or tops will make the look a little formal. If you however, want to go causal, a solid vest or tee will just look great and add on to the summery quotient of the skirt.
- This is a casual summery outfit, so try and have your makeup simple – nude makeup will look great, or if you are not a great fan of the nude look, go in for pastels – a light pink, brown etc.
- Hairstyles – go with what you want to don that day – the skirt looks great with high ponytail, loose hair, a short bob, a fishtail plait – all of it.
- You can go a little trendy with the jewelry if you want to up the style quotient. Long ear rings look great on this outfit and are a tried and tested method of looking great. The ear rings could be metallic or matching the yellow skirt. Long chains or charm necklaces worn over a solid vest can also carry the casualness of the skirt forward.
- Printed fabric belt, like the one donned by the model looks great on the otherwise plain skirt. If you want some drama, you could wear a sequinned belt. The trick to get the look right is to choose casual looking belts for getting the casual look and semi formal leather or suede cowboy inspired belts for the semi formal to formal look.
- All kinds of footwear from wedges o flip flops to boots will look great!
Perhaps the beauty of the style pick of the day – flirty, yellow printed chiffon mini skirt lies in the fact that just by playing around the accessories, you get a new look every time. The skirt is a must to have this summer!