Trends can never be together directed to one direction. Every trend is different from the other sparking the various spheres of fashion for the specific season. The cyclic change brings something exciting, something new for fashion lovers to savour. Be it clothing, accessories, beauty or hair, each category has a list of trends associated with. Each favouring to different palettes of fashion and delivering to the demand of change that the world of fashion has.
Of a myriad of hair & beauty trends that surfaced on the runways for Fall 2013, we have picked two, that give a clear indication of where the trends are heading for hair and make-up for the season.
4 Corners of a Circle
Introduced to New York’s world of fashion in Spring 2012, Natsuko Kanno has made a strong impact. For the Fall 2013 collection she took inspiration from warrior princess/samurai, which is very much true to her roots. The collection was about basic, clean shape and high on wearability. The hair and make-up did everything to depict the designer’s vision.
Taking inspiration we associate so much to Japan, the hair were highly modern. Styled with a middle partition, the hair were rolled up on both the sides in front and straightened and left loose at the back. Think the Japanese animation so common to us and one would know what we mean!
Get the Look!
- Start by washing your hair for the workable texture, dry it and iron it if it requires straightening.
- Parting your hair from the centre would complete the next step for you!
- Take the front section of one parted side, roll it, lift it and pin it from behind. Apply a spray to keep it all in place and to avoid the frizz to maintain the sleek look.
Beauty Trends Fall 2013 – Hair Makeup
Strong eye brows is what hits the on- looker of the collection first. The trend that surfaced last year seems to be going strong for the next Fall season as well. The approach to rest of the face was clean and minimal nude. Strong eye brows were the focus point of the otherwise fresh face for the collection.
Get the Look!
Beauty Trends Fall 2013 Hair and Makeup
- Start by washing your face and applying the base make –up in the form of a foundation, concealer and primer.
- Apply a nude , basic gloss lipstick on your lips to highlight them with subtlety.
- You are lucky if you have naturally strong eye-brows but if not then take the help of an eye brow pencil to highlight and add the drama.
Trends Fall 2013 Hair and Makeup
The hair and makeup at the show were a good blend of traditional and modern!
Diane Von Furstenburg
For the next trend we take a look at the collection which is the translation of the vision of a designer who is a fashion legend today. Titled ‘Glam Rock’ , it was animal prints and bright colours that formed the major feature of her collection. Taking inspiration from the 70’s the designer’s collection was another version of modern with hair and make-up giving their best!
Hairstyle Trend Fall 2013 Diane Von Furstenberg
The style of the hair is a classic and we all love that look, the best one likes to flaunt in their good hair days. Shoulder length hair with soft waves were left loose with a side partition. We have seen this before, can relate to it and there is nothing that is not to be loved about it! The voluminous hair are a dream.
Get the Look!
- Wash the hair and apply the approach of blow dry to achieve the look.
- Roll the section of your hair from the lower edge onto your brush and apply the heat from the blow drier to set them.
- Apply a styling gel to keep the soft waves in their place and part your hair to the opposite direction of the blow dry to add the volume.
Makeup Trend Fall 2013 Diane Von Furstenberg
Deriving from both the collection, one focus point on the face seems to be the biggest trend of the season. Where Natsuko Kanno, attended the eye brows, Diane went the pout way! Ruby pink lips got the 70’s fashion back in action. The bright lips further brightened the classic elegant collection adding the quotient of glamour dose!
Makeup Fall 2013 Diane Von Furstenberg
Get the Look!
- First step again. It starts with cleansing which is followed by the basics of foundation, concealer and primer.
- Make sure the lips are well moisturised to avoid the cracks in the final look.
- Line the lips to achieve the perfect shape and apply the matte version of the bright pink lipstick to complete the look! Definitely a new angle to the Fall make-up looks!
Different in their own ways, both the looks make an impact but the best thing about them would be their achievability. Definitely a cue to what to try for the Fall 2013.