From the college girl look to the ramps, the messy hairstyles take the front row now. First witnessed as a major trend, carried off by models at the runway show of Jill Stuart’s S-S 2012 collection presentation during Mercedes-Ben Fashion Week in September 2011,’The messy hair with pinned side swept bangs’ look chooses to be the favorite get ‘ready in a jiffy’ look. Easy to do and sexy is what it sings, a must try for each one.
The unkempt look matches well with both straight and wavy hair. All one needs is a dose of confidence and that unmatched attitude to carry it. This boho-look style can be carried by teenagers, the middle-aged and everyone chic.
This hairstyle is best suited for people with round faces. The side bangs add mystery to the face and make it look slimmer. There are innumerable ways to carry this hairstyle; there is no wrong or right.
Hairstyle How To
This sassy look can be achieved by following these steps:
- After shampooing your hair, use a small quantity of conditioner and wash off.
- The wet hair can either be air-dried or dried using a blow dryer. A mousse product can be used and the hair can be scrunched before beginning the messy look.
- The hairstyle best comes out in moderately damp hair, dried using low or medium heat on the dryer.
- Immediately, a blast of cold air exposed to the hair keeps the waves in place. Follow this procedure, with use of a hairspray and/ or an anti-frizz serum if required.
- One can even iron their hair, or let the waves adore their pretty faces.
- Then a section of the short hair from the crown section of the head needs to be pulled forward combed and settled behind the ear on either side. The rest of the hair can be tousled till you get the mess required.
This hairstyle can be tried with both short and medium hair length.
- The bangs can be carried off stylishly with the rest of the hair, squished in a bun using an elastic band.
- Bring in the sexy back with an unkempt bun roll-crushed on the side, touching either of the shoulders. The bun can be made to look more belonging to the occasion, with a blingy hair accessory or flowers to match the outfit.
- The bangs can be wavy and set using a hair band or they can be ironed and neatly pinned on either side of the face with the rest of the hair left open.
- The side bangs can also be carried with a fishbraid ponytail or a messy side braid.
Who should wear it?
- Best for women who have their hair cut in layers or in a feather style.
- Voluminous or wavy hair best shows this look as natural and flowy.
- A great combination of both casual as well as sexy, this one’s a hit among youngsters.
Where should you wear it?
Anywhere and everywhere you can think of. To the prom, the park, a date, on the red carpet and even beyond the vicinity of your house.