This hairstyle was observed on models walking the runway at the Winnie Couture Bridal Collection for Spring/ Summer 2012 during NY Bridal Fashion Week held on October 17, 2011 in New York. It talks of feminine curls with a braid on the right side of the head. The braid is the focal point of the look and compliments the billowy, elegant gowns of the bridal collection.
Melony Cox, the makeup artist decides to have the brides looking youthful and fresh and chooses a braid as an add-on the curls. A neat look, which keeps the hair behind and secures it with the hair spray and a tight braid which narrows down as it touches the ear.
A look which is only suited for medium or long hair length, takes time but the results it gives are more than satisfactory. The braid breaks the monotony of the soft-curls look which has been in vogue forever and with this hairstyle, reclaims its place among the hottest hairstyles seen on the ramp in 2011.
You will need:
Hair clamps, Curling rod, Styling spray or voluminising spray, Blowdryer, Finishing spray
A HOW TO guide for this dainty and feminine hair-do:
- After washing your hair, spray some styling spray onto your wet hair or a voluminisng spray if you have fine hair.
- Divide the hair into sections, and keep it in place using hair clamps.
- Select one hair section at a time, and blast hot air from the blowdryer on it for it to dry completely.
- After achieving 100% dry hair, comb hair all throughout to achieve a smooth natural look.
- Again, divide the hair into sections and hold the sections using clamps.
- Select the strands on top of the hair and put it across on the right side of the forehead.
- It’s time to tie a need braid, highlighting your face and going around the right side of the face.
- Once a 3-strand braid is tied, keep it aside and heat up the curling rod to begin curling.
- Curl the rest of the hair into soft 1” curls by wrapping and twisting the hair around the hot rod, and leaving each bun there for 1-2 minutes for them to get the shape.
- Repeat this procedure, for the entire hair length by removing one hair clamp at a time and working on each section chance by chance.
- Once the layered curls are done, secure the braid, behind the ear with a bobby pin and use some spray on top to hold it in place.
- Finish the hair-do using a finishing spray for sheen and the hair-do to remain intact.
The detailed yet subtle, intimate look is achieved and you are ready to be on the red-carpet or on your best friend’s wedding.