If experimenting is your pick of the day, it’s time to surprise people around you with the skinniest version of skinny jeans. Popularly, known as “jeggings”, this ubercool style is one of the original trends of the 2000s decade. A piece of clothing that accentuates the legs and the butt in order to have a shapely lower. Well, God made the woman sensuous and curvaceous and hence they should flaunt what they got.
A hip version of jeggings in denim, is best with long tops sized just perfectly till the middle of the hip. Jeggings makes you love yourself more and gives a slimmer and taller look. No hassle for the zip or the button, just a pull on to the waist is what this epic trend is. All you got to do is to pick the right shade and size, for your body type. Jeggings come with and without pockets both, and can also be trimmed at different lengths as per height and style.
Jeggings as a statement has very pleasantly been adopted by the plus size and plus-30 age group also. It makes the middle aged women, feel younger and smarter. A perfect go for any occasion or look, jeggings can be worn in innumerable ways.
Also, seen in different grains of denims and experiments of fabrics, washes and stretch-ability they are more versatile than our traditional denims. Jeggings are the fitted version which makes you feel more comfortable in your skin without having to bear the thick denim rub against your suppleness. Available in a wide assortment of colours and prints, each fit and style is a good value for money.
How to wear Jeggings
For who said, jeggings were just for the slim, go sport a black one if you are a little less fit. The jegging trend in India came all the way from London, and has all of us going gaga over it. An ideal leg covering in summers, replacing the jeans viz-a-viz a thicker fabric one to keep one warm during the chill, jeggings live up to their versatility factor. If you like being the “long-legged hottie”, sport your jeggings with those extra inches in your shoes.
For the comfort that jeggings would provide you with, you will not look back at your jeans and stick to the jeggings as a wardrobe staple. The fit is to die for and mind you, it’s hard to switch back to your regular denims once you try this on. A versatile statement, that makes up for both jeans and leggings at once, you could choose to have whichever face on when you want.
You no more need to worry about, a low waist or a high waist or a loose pair which could only be fixed there with a belt.
- An hourglass figure can be best achieved by a belt tucking the waist and a long top to hide that big booty.
- A casual day would call for a plaid shirt, a thin belt and a pair of plain ballerinas or sneakers in a neutral shade.
- A formal one could be pulled off well with jeggings and pumps and a nice-fitted coat on top.
- For a wintery look, team up your jeggings with a tall boot and an over-sized sweater. All you gotta make sure is that the sweater is hiding enough, and the jeggings are showing off just the right amount.
- Glamourize your jeggings with a stunning pair of heels or a fancy pair of boots to have you being the eye-candy.
- A great tip for wearing jeggings in winters would be to team start with a long inner to hide your assets and pull over a short coat for the layered look. A muffler or a scarf can also be added, if you don’t mind that add on.
Do’s & Dont’s:
- Jeggings with a short top are a complete turn-off and this mistake shouldn’t be committed even if you are being paid for doing so.
- A best length for your jeggings to end should be at the thinnest part of your calf to reveal that sexy ankle and let the attention go to the shoes.
- If in doubt, go for a pair of black jeggings which leaves no traces of under-confidence or un-comfort.
- If you are blessed with more than enough on your lowers, be clever to just choose dark or solid colored jeggings.
- Balance out the clothing on your body with loose or flowy shirts with that skin-hugging pair of jeggings. You don’t wanna end up looking like a “sticky bloat”.
- Pick any style of shoes from loafers to ballerinas or boots to pumps for a chic look with jeggings. All you gotta do is put it all right together and stick to a look that you are following. It could be combined well with high-heel pumps for a formal look or knee-high boots for a general coffee meeting.
- Jeggings for plus size women, should be worn with tunics or tops almost touching the knees. Be careful of the length and the material as you don’t want a skin tight fat-cling layer on your legs.
- Make sure to get out those thongs or G-strings while sporting jeggings. You never know when the panty-lines would fight for their evident appearance. It could be a big faux pas to sport the jeggings along with showing those ugly creases.
For all the obvious reasons, that you may quit on your favorite pair of jeans you will grab the opportunity to switch to jeggings. Not one, but many of us would love to have a flattering lower wanting to make heads turn.