We witnessed leading names of the Spanish fashion on the 55th edition of Madrid Fashion week, organised by IFEMA revamped as Mercedes Benz fashion week, Madrid. Among the other reputed designers, was Francis Montesinos whose collection is always a concoction of art and fashion. His Fall-winter collection had us believing that dreams can come true and there’s nothing more beautiful and god-gifted than a woman. The collection spoke of colors and beauty, redefined to look more spirited and bold.
The hairstyles seen on the runways, had us drooling and wanting for more. Sometimes we get bored of curls, but we don’t know what lies with experimentation of the same. We give you step-by-step instructions of how to get this hairstyle working for you.
Hairstyle How To: Curls with two strands tied up behind
- After a thorough hair wash, dry the hair using a hairdryer and leave it when its partially dry.
- Using a thick comb or a hair brush, untangle the hair to make it smooth and ready for curls.
- Now divide the hair into sections and divide it in such a way, that the middle-parting appears out prominently.
- Starting at the forehead, from either side pull out enough hair you can hold in your palm comfortably, without having to let them slip away. Hold these strands together using a clamp.
- For the rest of the hair, take section by section and begin to curl using a curling iron (with a clamp preferably).
- For curling the hair, the top portion of the hair should be combed and left straight and the leftover hair length (starting at the end of the ear) should be curled till the roots.
- Start wrapping the hair (from the roots) around the curling iron and hold it with the clamp. After 10 seconds, release the clamp and check for the curling. The curl should be achieved properly, if not repeat again.
- After each section of the hair is curled, mist the curls with hairspray so that they stay in place.
- Coming back to the front strands of the hair, curl them in a similar way.
- Taking them from either side of the middle parting, over the rest of the hair, tie them behind at the center using a rubber-band.
- Now let the hair rest on the shoulders in front, from either side with a small section behind to bring out the tied portion.
- The hairstyle is ready and you are good to go.
- Make sure the clamp holds the hair firmly enough to not move, but loose enough to not burn the hair or damage it.
- One can also have the curls set, by braiding wet hair into cornrows and undoing them after the hair dries up. This gives the waves a more crimped look.
- Curls can also be done using hot-rollers, for bigger and wider curls.
- Handle curls gently and if required, run fingers through the curls to give them shape and set them.
- A hair accessory can be used to further glamorize the hairstyle.
Who said curls could be boring and one would look same with the same kind of styling, each time. Carry curls this alluring way, and you are sure to list down this hairstyle in your favorites.