Super model Heidi Klum is known to play with hairdos and makes many appearances on red carpets in absolutely gorgeous hairstyles. The Creative Emmys 2013 – Arrivals at Nokia Theater Los Angeles in CA was one such occasion which saw the mother of four put her fashion hair forward.
Heidi Klum 2013 Hairstyle – Dutch Braid Side Swept Hair
The beautiful model who is popularly known as “the Body” wore her tresses in a Dutch braid side swept hairstyle. One side of her hair saw a Dutch braid that encircled her head, the other side of the hairdo consisted of flips and waves.
Heidi Klum’s Dutch braid side swept hair has a dreamy and princess like quality and can be worn for a number of occasions. We bring you the steps to do this hairstyle yourself.
Heidi Klum’s Dutch Braid Side Swept Hair: DIY Steps
Hairstyle DIY- Heidi Klum’s Dutch Braid Side Swept Hair
- The first step to any hairstyle is brushing/combing it well in order to get rid of tangles and knots, as well as to give it a smooth effect.
- Sweep all your hair on to the left shoulder.
- Take a thick section of hair from the right part, at the back of your head. This is the section with which you will be making the Dutch braid which will encircle half of your head (see photo).
- Divide this right section of the hair into three parts. The middle part should be the thickest; the other two parts can be relatively thinner.
- Now take the middle part and again divide it into three sub sections to make a regular braid. However, put the right sub part under the center instead of over it – as we normally do for making a regular braid. Then put the left sub part under the center.
- In the next step, add strands from the main right part to the strands of the right sub part when you are putting the latter under the center.
- Repeat the last step with the left main part and left sub part.
- Keep on repeating the above two steps till the Dutch braid reaches the nape on the left side.
- Secure the Dutch braid by adding a bobby pin to hold it in place.
- The rest of the hair, which will be left open and sweep the left shoulder, will be done up in big waves. For this, roll individual big sections of hair around a big barrel hot ironing curl for about 20-30 seconds. Run your fingers through the waves once you have used the hot curling iron on all the sections. This will loosen up the waves and give it a more casual appearance.
- For the Farah Fawcett style 70s flipped look, use a thin hot curling iron on the front portion of the hair. Wrap the hair around the irom from top to bottom instead of vice versa.
- Finish by spritzing hair spray all over your head from a distance of about one hand away to hold the hairstyle in place.
Heidi Klum 2013 Hairstyle Side Swept Hair
It would be a good idea to enlist someone’s help when you work on the Dutch braid side swept hair for the first time. After a couple of practices you will be adept at handling this hairstyle totally on your own.