Rachel Zoe Presented her collection at during Spring 2014 Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, which was held at The Studio at Lincoln Center on September 11th 2013 in New York City. The designer’s strength lies in her separate pieces, not in creating a cohesive collection. So, we picked two similar looks from her line up for a style poll.
Frayed Denim with White on White Biker Jacket Vs Waistcoat
Here, the model can be seen wearing frayed denim shorts (which so remind us of the 80’s mania) and a kurta neck sheer white shirt that is neatly tucked in. She has also thrown on a stark white leather biker jacket on top with perforated detailing.
Rachel Zoe Spring 2014 Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Frayed Denim with White on White Biker Jacket
Wearing white minimal ballerina flats, the model strutted down in a messy bun and without a trace of makeup, except a crimson gloss to pucker her lips.
Frayed Denim with White on White Biker Jacket Rachel Zoe Spring 2014 Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week
The second look merges casual punk with sassy formal wear. The model can be seen wearing loose low waist frayed jeans, which are rolled up, with a white waistcoat and a white blazer on top, unbuttoned and baring the mid-riff. Her look is completed with a pair of zebra print kitten heels and a messy bun. For makeup, a shiny gloss has been applied with pink blush to bring out her blue eyes.
Frayed Denim with White on White Waistcoat Rachel Zoe Spring 2014 Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week
We give our vote to the second ensemble simply because we love the loose boyfriend jeans, white on white and the sexy show of the mid-riff. To put it simply, the amazing juxtaposition played out in the model’s look. But that’s just our vote, who would you vote for? And do let us know why.
Frayed Boyfriend Denim with White on White Waistcoat Rachel Zoe Spring 2014
We will now help in making this runway look your own and give you tips on how to wear it out:
- You can wear frayed denim pants with a casual T-shirt for the day.
- Pair up that waistcoat with cute white shorts for an all white party.
- You can make your outfit more interesting by adding a blazer in any shade you want, from solids to pastels to metallics.
- You can even go for a printed blazer- animal, floral, pixelated, geometric- take your pick!
- If you aren’t keen on showing your mid-riff, then wear the deep V waistcoat with a high waist skirt.
- For a more formal occasion, simply button up your jacket half way up.
- For a dressy affair, one can accessorize the bare neck by wearing a chunky neckpiece or chandelier earrings.