Acrylic nail, also known as false nails, artificial nails or fake nails, are glued onto the real nails to achieve long nails instantly. Acrylic nails are very popular among women. Some women go for acrylic nails to enhance their fingers, while some wear them to hide their brittle nails. It is a good solution for slow growing nails. Acrylic nails are nail extensions that can be whole or partially, used over the entire nail or simply at the tips. It is a combination of a liquid and powder. They were first invented in the 1970s. Although, they did not appear real. Today’s acrylic nails not only look realistic but are much stronger. It is a nail art that provides beauty to the nails of person who wears them. People, who suffer from poor nail growth or brittle nails, can go for acrylic nails.
Not all of us are gifted with perfectly looking nails, and not everyone is able to grow their nails long. Acrylic nails helps to add instant length and beauty to your nails.
These come in a variety of shapes and sizes. Choose the one that fit your nails well.
How to apply acrylic nails
- Acrylic nail tips
- Nail brush
- Liquid acrylic
- Powder acrylic
- Acrylic clippers
1) Clean and wash your nails. Remove any existing nail polish. Use a cuticle pusher to push back the cuticles. Cut away dead cuticles around your fingernails with cuticle nipper. Trim your natural nails as close as possible.
2) Once you have cleaned your nails, Buff the nails using a nail buffer. Buffing is done to make the nail surface rough which makes attaching the acrylic nail easier.
3) Select the nail tip that matches the shape and width of your natural nails.
4) Put some nail glue on the edge of your natural nails (in case you wish to extend the length of your natural nails) and then gently place the acrylic nail tips. Make sure that the ‘C’ curve of the tip is a perfect fit to the ‘C’ curve of the natural nail.
5) Hold the nail tips for 40 seconds till it adheres properly.
6) Trim the acrylic nails to the desired length.
7) Buff up your acrylic nails to allow a seamless blending of your acrylic nails with your real ones.
8) Dip the nail brush in the liquid acrylic followed by dipping in acrylic powder. Apply it over the nails, allowing it to spread evenly.
9) Allow it to dry for few minutes.
10) You are done with it. You can now apply a nail polish of your choice, or just apply a top coat for a super sexy and neat nails. You can further decorate and make your fake nails by having interesting designs painted on them or get them pierced and wear nail rings.
Acrylic nails aftercare:
It is very important to maintain the nails so that they last longer and look better.
1) You can use nail oils and serums that help protect the artificial nails.
2) Do not put too much pressure onto your nails while doing household chores.
3) Try to keep your acrylic nails dry. Avoid too mush of water contact. Water can damage the nails and cause lifting. Pat dry your nails every time it comes in contact with water.
4) Use antibacterial soap to wash your hands. It helps to keep bacteria away and prevents the nails from permanent damage.
How to remove acrylic nails:
Removing acrylic nails needs more patience then putting them on. It may take around 30-40 minutes to completely take off the acrylic nails.
- Nail cutter
- Nail buffer
- Acetone nail polish remover
- Petroleum jelly
1) Trim your acrylic nails down as short as possible to make the removing process easier.
2) Fill up the bowl with the Acetone nail polish remover.
3) Apply petroleum jelly to the skin surrounding the nails. This will help prevent the skin from drying out while soaked in the polish remover.
4) Soak your fingers in the bowl containing the acetone remover. Continue soaking for 20 minutes.
5) Take your fingers out of the bowl and gently peel off the acrylic nails. If you find any resistance in peeling it off, dip your fingers again in the acetone solution for 5 minutes.
6) Repeat the process of peeling off the acrylic nails. It will now come off easily. Never force the nails to come off. Buff the nails if you find some nail glue on the nails.
7) Once all the acrylic nails have come off, wash your hands properly with antibacterial soap solution.
8) Apply a moisturizing lotion and gently massage the nails. This helps to recover the moisture lost while dipping in the acetone nail remover solution.
Designer acrylic nails:
Designer acrylic nails are also available in different colors and features. They are also available for every occasion. Beautiful and creative acrylic nails add charm to your personality at special occasions such as wedding or any other special occasion. One can experiment with the designs, colors, jewelery etc. to get the customized look that matches the outfit or goes with the occasion
Acrylic nails stay for a long time if proper care is taken. It can last for 3-4 weeks.