Who doesn’t want to look good with a glowing flawless skin? Many of us get satisfied by the artificial look created through makeup thus ignoring actual skin care. This ignorance can make your skin look dull and lifeless when the makeup is not on. Well, the texture and tone of skin is related largely to your genes and general health. Moreover, the color of your skin depends on the melanin content being secreted by melanocytes glands existing naturally in the skin. The fact of these glands being overactive or under-active depends on many different conditions. A darker complexion indicates the skin’s higher tendency towards hyper pigmentation.
Also, the skin tone is affected by your geographical conditions. Your geographical locations influence the secretion of melanin by melanocytes. Melanin is believed to be secreted in a higher amount when it is over-exposed to the sun. a prolonged exposure to sun leads to synthesizing more melanin thus making the skin darker. However, there are many tips and remedies available to help you attain a flawlessly glowing skin. Let’s check them out!
Home remedies for glowing skin
There are numerous home remedies that can show wonders on your skin to make it glow impeccably. These remedies are very simple and easy-to-follow. Moreover, they include ingredients and products which can be obtained easily.
- Honey and milk powder form an excellent combination for glowing skin. Moreover, honey forms an effective component of glowing skin home remedies. Applied as a mixture, honey and milk powder can show wonders on your skin. This application works by enhancing your skin’s brightness in addition to moisturizing it. This mixture is applied in the form of a thick paste. You can obtain best results through regular application over a specific time period. Also, the effect of this remedy can be enhanced by adding in almond oil (just some drops).
- Yogurt and orange peel are other effective ingredients for glowing skin. This mixture is prepared using yogurt and desiccated orange peel. This orange peel is dried in shade and torn to shreds followed by grinding it to make fine powder. Prepare a paste by mixing this orange peel powder with yogurt and apply it like a face pack to get glowing skin. This remedy shows best results on oily skin.
- Lime juice and honey mixture is an effective way of getting glowing skin at home. Applying a mixture of lime juice and honey helps by improving the skin texture thus making the skin appear suppler and softer. Moreover, this paste performs the role of a substitute for bleach. Also, it helps in dealing with oily skin. this remedy is very helpful in summers as the skin has a tendency of getting oily very often in summers.
- Chickpea flour and honey can also show effective results if you are thinking about how to get glowing skin. Your skin can look younger with an improved skin texture. Prepare a paste by mixing 2tbsps of chickpea floor with 1tbsp of lime juice and a little amount of milk. This home remedy for glowing skin can show amazing results on your skin.
- Banana and milk applied on face in the form of a paste can give you glowing skin. This paste is prepared using a mashed banana mixed with milk. Allow this paste to stay on your face for about 20minutes and then wash off with cold water. You can also use a mashed banana in combination with honey and lemon juice along with margarine. This mixture requires an overnight application. You can also daub it on feet and hands, and wash it away next morning.
- Honey, although an important ingredient of almost every home remedy for glowing skin, can show wonders even when applied individually. Try applying honey on the face as well as neck for about 20minutes and washing with cold water can make your skin glow besides making it soft and silky-smooth.
- Tomato and honey also work wonders on skin. Prepare a thick paste by mixing tomato juice and honey and apply it on your face. Allow it to rest for about 15minutes and wash off with cold water to get flawlessly glowing skin.
- Applying a mixture of honey and egg white on your face can also help you obtain glowing skin. Leave this application on your face for about 20 minutes and then wash your face with cold water.
- Prepare a natural scrub by making a paste of walnut powder, lemon juice, and honey. Use it to scrub the face as well as neck and let it stay there for 20minutes. Then, wash your face with cold water.
- You can also try rubbing papaya on the face along with the neck for about 15 minutes. Wash it off with cold water. This application works really well on oily skin. You can follow this procedure every 15 days to have glowing and refreshing skin.
- You can also apply a paste prepared as a mixture of 2tbsp of turmeric powder with orange juice. Use it as a scrub for your face as well as neck and let it rest for 20minutes. Conclude by washing with cold water and get a glowing skin.
- Another solution for how to get glowing skin is applying a paste prepared from freshly obtained fenugreek leaves. This would help you prevent dryness on face thus avoiding the outburst of pimples and blackheads and giving you a glowing skin.
- For glowing skin, wash your face with stock of boiled cabbage.
- Another effective home remedy for glowing skin is scrubbing your face with a mixture of mango peel powder and milk powder. Let it stay for 15 minutes and then wash away with cold water and see the results. You can also use this mixture on your hands and neck.
- Prepare a mixture of another home remedy includes preparing a mixture using sugar and lime juice. The application involves scrubbing your entire lathered body (with a mild soap) with this mixture. The results are simply awesome.
- For glowing skin, apply Vaseline on the entire body after taking a shower. Take a shower again one hour after the application. Repeat this procedure every 15 days to get satisfactory results.
- Prepare a mixture of egg white and corn flour to apply on the face. Allow it to dry up completely. This will take about 30 minutes. After the application gets completely dried, use lukewarm water to soak your fingers. Then give a gentle massage to your face. Follow this procedure regularly for a week or two for best results.
- Moisturizer and ice are really effective to get glowing skin instantly. Put some drops of malai or moisturizer on an ice cube. Massage your facial skin with this ice cube for at least 2-5minutes. This remedy application helps you obtain glowing skin as well as a fresh look instantaneously. This remedy is very beneficial in winters when the skin gets dry and crusty. Moreover, this remedy is also beneficial during times when you feel really tired. This application refreshes you quickly.
- Curd works wonders on dry skin. Give a gentle massage to your skin once in every two weeks. This would help you deal with dry skin besides getting glowing skin easily.
- Gram flour (Besan) combined with turmeric powder and milk can be applied on the facial skin in the form of a face pack. This mixture not only helps you deal with oily skin but also provides a beautiful and flawlessly glowing skin.
- Cucumber juice shows great results on your skin during the summer season. Rub freshly extracted cucumber juice on your skin for a few minutes. Let it stay for about 5-10minutes and then wash with cool water. Besides providing glowing skin, it also helps treat marks and spots on your skin. This remedy is also useful for treating dull skin and dark circles.
- Sandalwood and turmeric form one of the most popular traditional remedies for skin care regime. This remedy really works wonders. Prepare a face pack in the form of a paste by mixing sandalwood powder and turmeric powder with milk. As a matter of surprise, this face pack also enhances your complexion besides providing a glowing skin.
- Tulsi, neem, and mint leaves can be used regularly as a face wash to treat various skin problems. Adding mint leaves can also help you get a glowing skin.
Tips to have a flawlessly glowing skin
Well, there are also certain easy-to-follow tips that can guide you with how to get glowing skin. These include:
It is a renowned fact that your skin reflects what you eat. Putting in good stuff will naturally give out good results. Similarly, eating excessive junk food may lead to an unhealthy skin.
A good work out not only helps you get a fit body but also helps with getting healthy and glowing skin. The underlying reason is that exercise provides your skin with extra oxygen which is essential for glowing skin. Moreover, the endorphins produced during cardio exercises are efficient in protecting cell damage. Above all, exercise eases stress thus avoiding wrinkles and dryness.
For glowing skin, it is important to drink enough water to avoid your skin becoming dehydrated. Besides, you can also use moisturizing lotions to do away with dryness.
Avoid using tanning bed. Moreover, whenever you go out in sun, make sure to guard your skin using a sunscreen that contains SPF-15 or even higher.
For glowing skin, it is very important to lessen the use of chemicals that you put on your face. Use of foundation clogs the skin pores thus keeping in bad stuff. You can, however, use face washes, cleansers, as well as scrubs that are produced using natural ingredients. Moreover, you can also go for honey or aloe vera if you feel like stopping the use of a chemical completely. Honey and aloe vera will make your skin feel refreshed and attractive.
Steaming your face
This is another effective and easy-to-go way for opening clogged pores thus softening your skin. Although time consuming, steam can show really effective results on your skin. Boil some water to its fullest and remove the container from gas stove. Then, settle with the face placed over the container and cover it with a towel to hold in the moisture and heat. Hold this position for about 10-15minutes. This procedure should be followed by applying a face pack as the skin pores are open. Another way of steaming your face is through a hot shower. The steaming process can be taken up twice a week. Moreover, you can also add rosemary, lemon, or peppermint if you have an oily skin. Those with a sensitive skin can add lime or chamomile and normal ski can be treated with parsley, lavender, or rose.
Taking a sound sleep for 8-10 hours can help you look and feel refreshed. This would further make your skin glowing as skin rejuvenation takes place while sleeping. So, change your sleep routine according to your body requirements.
Smoking produces harmful effects on skin thus leading it to age considerably.
Make sure to clean your skin thoroughly. Make sure to remove make up before going to bed. Also, ensure washing your face every night. You can also try exfoliation once every 15 days by massing gently in spherical motions.
Follow an anti-aging regime
For healthy and beautiful skin, follow a good anti-aging regime. Rough skin is, many times, a result of aging and refuse in hormones. These growth hormones are very crucial for the health of your skin. To reduce the extent of natural deficiency, you can go for treatment options such as hormone replacement remedy that works miraculously in dealing with symptoms such as rough skin.
You can also include some effective foods that are beneficial for your skin. Some good ones include salmon, trout, fresh tuna, sardines, herring, and mackerel.
Your skin calls for repair
Besides revitalizing, revamping, and refurbishing, the skin also requires to be cleansed on a daily basis so as to do away with dust particles. Also, moisturize your skin regularly to avoid the existence of wrinkles and thus obtain a glowing skin.
Alter your skin care routine
You can maintain healthy circulation of blood through regular walk and exercise. This relieves your mind and body from stress thus helping you obtain glowing skin.
Regular skin care
Glowing skin calls for a regular skin care regime that includes cleansing accompanied with toning in addition to moisturizing. All three of these are required to be performed at least two times a day.
Invigorate your skin through facials
Getting regular facials for your skin at specific time periods is another solution on how to get glowing skin. These facials can be performed either at home or with the assistance of experts. The process begins with cleansing with a good moisturizer, removing with a cotton pad, and then exfoliating the skin. This should be followed by steaming with water containing essential oils for a soothing effect. Further apply a face mask and clean it with damp cotton followed by washing with cold water.
Diet for glowing skin
Glowing skin cannot be obtained through miracles. It is a time consuming process. In addition to the aforesaid tips and remedies, you can also include certain food items in your diet to benefit your skin. Some important ones include:
Essential fatty acids
EFAs can be categorized into two parts – Omega-6 and Omega-3. However, Omega-3 shows maximum impact on your skin. These EFAs are not produced by your body. Therefore, these are required to be taken through foods. Idyllically, these should form about 5% of the total calorie intake.
Some good sources include salmon, tuna, sardines, seeds and nuts as well as their oils, flax or soya bean oils, prawns, and organic eggs. Simultaneously, it is important to cut down the intake of processed and saturated fats as these can reduce the benefits of EFAs.
Antioxidants are really helpful in fighting free radicals which are produced continuously by chemicals, excessive stress and sun exposure. The primary victim of free radical destruction includes collagen. This collagen plays a vital role in making the skin appear elastic and plump. It, therefore, becomes highly important to include ample amount of antioxidants in your diet. Some good sources include well colored fresh vegetables and fruits like berries (blackcurrants, raspberries, and strawberries), Brazil nuts, black grapes, broccoli, cherries, carrots, hazelnuts, chestnuts, raisins, kale, peppers, peas, papaya, spinach, prunes, tomatoes, and sweet potatoes.
Essential for production of fresh skin cells, this is something that keeps your skin supple. Moreover, vitamin A is also important for healthy and beautiful skin. being deficient with Vitamin A can make the skin dry and flaky. Some good sources include butter and whole milk, oily fish, eggs, and liver. The body can also generate Vitamin A on its own by beta-carotene.
This is an effective anti-oxidant that works in combination with selenium and also features a strong action aligned with free radical harms. Moreover, it is also efficient in retaining skin moisture. Pale skin, premature wrinkles, easy bruising, acne, and slow healing of wounds are symptoms of Vitamin E deficiency. Some good sources that can be added to your diet to have a glowing skin include peanut butter, seeds and nuts, vegetable oils, wheat germ, avocados, sweet potatoes, and whole grains.
Beta-carotene is vitamin A’s plant form which is converted by the body as per requirements. Besides, it is also helpful in protecting the skin from ageing effects produced from sunlight. Some good sources to be included in your diet to get a flawlessly glowing skin include mangoes, apricots, pumpkin, sweet potatoes, orange fruit, and green vegetables like spinach, watercress, and broccoli.
Selenium is something that protects skin cells from damage created by free radicals. Besides, it also helps in dealing with dry skin. it joins with Vitamin E to provide support to immune system thus helping fight infection. Some of the best sources of selenium to get glowing skin are meat, cereals, seafood, offal, eggs, cheese, mushrooms, molasses, Brazil nuts, beans, wheat germ, and whole grains.
The vitamins included in this category are helpful in releasing food energy required for metabolism of skin. besides, they also keep your skin smooth and supple. The best sources of Vitamin B-complex include red meat, oily fish, milk, poultry, eggs, offal, bananas, whole grains, soya beans, wheat germ, pre-packed breakfast cereals, and peanut butter.
This is a mineral that is important for immune system as well as production of collagen. Besides, it also fastens the healing process. Deficiency of zinc can give rise to stubborn blemishes and stretch marks. The best food sources of this mineral to be include in your diet regime for a glowing skin are red meat, seafood, turkey, offal, cheese, eggs, brewer’s yeast, nuts, mushrooms, and whole grains.
This vitamin is helpful in reducing dark circles besides helping to lighten broken capillaries. Moreover, it also reduces bruising as well as spider veins’ appearance. Besides, Vitamin K is also used in various eye gels and creams prepared for lightening skin. The best sources include vegetable oils, broccoli, dried soya beans, butter, chicken and green vegetables.
An efficient antioxidant, this vitamin is vital for the manufacturing of collagen. A deficiency of Vitamin C can make your skin dull and more prone to damage. The best sources of Vitamin C for glowing skin are potatoes, peppers, kiwi fruit, peas, tomatoes, and strawberries.
This is a mineral that plays imperative role in making hemoglobin. Deficiency of iron can lead to dark circles below eyes and a yellowish complexion. Some important sources of iron for glowing skin include red meat, seafood, liver, and eggs. Green vegetables, fortified cereals, and dried apricots are sources that contain a lesser amount of absorb-able iron.
Although beauty and skin color are not treated as a considerable health concern in the present day but the truth is that we still give a lot of importance to our appearance and looks. This calls for proper and effective care for your skin through effective remedies, some helpful tips, and a balanced diet. Follow these and have a flawlessly glowing skin. Look good!