A large number of ladies are found surfing through internet to find effective solutions for pimples. This is because pimples have lasted as an ever-present problem faced by teenagers, adolescents, and adults as well. Even though pimples feature a temporary nature, the smallest of their symptoms scattered all around the face seems unpleasant. But, now it’s time to forget all your worries and get rid of these pimples through easy remedies.
There are numerous easy remedies that can be taken at home to treat pimples and make your skin healthy and beautiful. However, before learning about how to treat pimples, it is important to know certain facts related to occurrence of pimples. The most important ones are:
Pimples start with blackheads
It is not the blackheads indicate dirt and poor hygiene. These are rather the outcome of oil plus dead cells that get enthralled in pores thus blocking the duct and making space for bacteria. Thereafter, these turn black on coming in contact with air. When these blackheads get inflamed, they give rise to red pimples.
There are numerous causes leading to pimples
Pimples do not arise all of a sudden. There are numerous causes related to their occurrence. These include – low quality cosmetics, hormones, stress, and contraceptive pills. Low quality cosmetics are responsible for pores loaded with bacteria. Hormones, as a vital cause of pimples, make the skin’s sebaceous glands to overplay. Stress leads the oil glands to recompense overly. Besides, contraceptive pills can lead to pimple breakouts due the androgen contained in them.
Do not take pimples like teenagers
It is not necessary that the products that have been used by you during teenage will show the same results during adulthood. The procedure for cleansing and handling the affected skin includes the following steps:
- Chose the correct cleanser. You can go for medicated cleansers that contain salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide.
- Go for exfoliating with the use of a salicylic treatment helpful in cleaning out pores. However, it is advised to avoid over-exfoliation or scrubbing too hard.
After being acquainted with these facts, let’s now learn about how to treat pimples through different home remedies and some important hygienic tips to avoid the repeated outburst of these pimples.
Some easy-to-follow home remedies to treat pimples are:
- Avoid handling a pimple. This makes the pimple more inflamed. Moreover, handling gives rise to germs and bacteria, and thus spreading the infection to other portions on the face.
- Another effective at home remedy for pimples is holding a pack of ice for as long as 2 minutes against your pimple. This helps in reducing the inflammation. This procedure can be repeated several times a day at an interval of half an hour.
- As a solution to pimples, you can try and clutch one cotton ball or tea bag daubed in fresh lemon juice on to the pimple. This also helps in relieving you from inflammation.
- A daub of toothpaste, if applied before sleeping, can show effective and soothing results.
- It has been observed that pimples react positively to vitamins like niacin, vitamin E, and Vitamin A. besides, taking therapeutic zinc in the form of capsule or tablet can also show effective results on pimples.
- Another effective remedy includes applying the paste made using fenugreek leaves on the pimple before going to bed each night. With the rise of morning, wash off this paste with lukewarm water.
- You can also apply a paste prepared from powdered orange peels mixed with water on the affected areas. This remedy shows wondering results.
- Applying lemon juice on pimples can help in reducing the intensity and size of your pimple.
- Garlic is a nature’s blessing that helps in blood purification thus keeping the pimples away. Rubbing raw garlic on affected areas at regular intervals in a day can help in clearing up the skin. Besides, eating three raw garlic seeds once a day can also show effective result. This regime needs to be followed for at least a month.
- Apply a paste prepared from …..??
- Another herbal remedy that proves helpful for pimples is applying a paste made from a mixture of one teaspoon juice from coriander and just a dash of turmeric crush. After washing your face thoroughly with water every night, applying this herbal paste can reveal wonders.
- You can also try and apply grated cucumber or a ripe tomato on the affected areas as a remedy to pimples. This application should last for 15-20 minutes only.
- Apply a paste prepared from turmeric powder and neem leaves on the affected area. Keep it for 20-30 minutes and rinse off with warm water.
- Another helpful application is the paste prepared as a mixture of cinnamon powder and honey. Put this application against your pimple before going to bed and keep let it stay there overnight. Wash it with lukewarm water in the morning. This procedure should be repeated daily for about two weeks.
- Some people have also benefitted by applying the paste of powdered drumstick husks and leaves mixed with fresh lemon juice on pimples.
- Applying raw papaya juice (not excluding the seed and the skin) on affected area can also produce beneficial results.
- A mixture of fresh lemon juice added to boiled milk, acts as an effective face wash for skin affected by pimples.
- Pimples can also be treated by applying a paste prepared by roasted and ground pomegranate peels mixed with fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare a paste using powdered sesame mixed with water and apply it as a poultice for inflamed skin resulting from pimples.
- You can try and rub the pimples with a paste of vinegar and salt. Let it stay for 20-30 minutes and rinse off.
- Overnight application of mint juice (fresh) can also help pimples.
Tips to avoid the outburst of pimples
“Prevention is better than cure.”
Although there are numerous remedies and treatments available concerning how to treat pimples, it is highly essential to follow some important tips to avoid the very outburst of these pimples. Going with these tips can help you keep the skin healthy and beautiful in addition to avoiding pimples.
Some good ones include:
Follow hygienic skin habits
Following a hygienic skin care regime can avoid pimple formation. Start the day by applying a mild cleanser and do the same in evening and while going to bed. Avoid scrubbing the skin as it can worsen the situation.
Avoid sweat lingering
Those involved in regular sports are advised to wipe away the excess sweat from face while exercising. After the workouts, use a soft face cleanser to do away with dir as well as desiccated sweat as early as possible. You can also use a mild exfoliate for removal of dead skin at weekly intervals.
Your method of shaving can also create skin irritation thus provoking the formation of pimples. It is important to find poise between safety and electric razors according to the sensitivity of your skin.
Go through the labels on skin care products carefully
Pay attention to words like “greaseless”, “non-comedogenic”, “hypoallergenic”’ and “greaseless” mentioned as labels on different products for skin care.
Moisturize your skin
It is beneficial to apply a moisturizer on the face after drying it. Many times, dry skin is the first target of the worst pimples.
Keep off hair and hair products from your face
It has been experienced by many people that protecting your face from hair and various hair products affecting the skin on face.
Steam out the pimple
You can steam out your pimple by putting a steaming hot cloth on it thus opening the pores. However, if you are really desperate to pop the pimple, just ensure your hands to be clean, and cover your ring fingers with a tissue wrapped around them. Gently push and stop if nothing is drawn out.
- It is advisable to wash the face with warm saline water at least 2-3 times per day. Try to avoid the use of soap for it makes the skin dry as well as aggravates the pimple. Moreover, warm saline water helps remove the oil from skin without making it much dry. However, a scented soap free from harsh chemicals can be used.
- Scrub your skin to dry gently with a soft piece of cloth for rubbing hard can remove the natural oils from skin thus making space for pimples.
- Try to apply make-up that is oil free. This would help prevent pimples that cause scars. Also, it is advised to clean the make-up from your face before sleeping, every time you wear it.
- Eating good amount of vegetables and fruits and drinking enough water can help a lot.
At the end of the day, the best choice of treatment option for pimples depends on the nature of the pimple. The most important step in treating and maintaining skin health is following a hygienic skin care regime that includes proper cleansing and skin moisturizing. This can be done by setting specific times for cleaning face with an appropriate cleanser.
So, stay clean, stay healthy, and look good!