Twin celebrity designers To-Tam and To-Nya of SACHIKA had their Spring-summer 2012 collection Fashion Presentation during New York Fashion Week based on the theme of “Mermaid Paradise: Dance with the Ocean”. The hairstyles sported by the models were flirty, fun and fabulous. The hair was loosely crimped and tied at the crown, with a middle parting.
The crimping not only made their hairstyles noticeable, but sang different songs to the crowd. Crimping has been there ever since styling hair through little hair-machines came into being, but it comes in vogue on and off and is not as popular as the straight hair or the curls. Crimpling in earlier times was done using a crimping iron which would leave the hair frizzy and lead to a lot of hair-breakage. The crimping steps up and comes back in the fashion league with this runway show and is here to stay.
We are helping you get this look with a tiny how-to guide : The loose crimped hair look with a middle parting.
- Begin with a thorough hair wash and after towel drying, leave the hair for air drying.
- Once the hair is damp, use a wide-toothed comb to brush through the hair and detangle the hair.
- After the hair is smooth on brushing, apply a little mousse for letting the crimps stay.
- Divide the hair into four sections. Have the hair on the crown as one section, and the rest of the hair into three sections.
- Braid the three sections into tiny braids, and secure each of them using elastic bands.
- Since, the damp hair has been braided use a blow dryer for 5-10 minutes to dry the damp braids with cool air, to achieve the crimps.
- Once the braids are dried, open each of them. Use a hair gel or hairspray on it for making the crimps stay.
- Take the crown part of the hair and using a tail comb, draw a line in the middle of the head dividing the hair into two sections. We get the middle part this way.
- Take each section and pin it up on its respective side using bobby pins.
- Make sure that the pin-ups are not tight and have the hair look loose.
Your hairstyle is ready! They say and its true, patience pays!
- Make sure to have your blow dryer set on cool air, while drying the braids. The hot air would damage the hair and would lead to hair-breakage.
- The braids should be tightly done and secured with elastic bands. Loose braids will leave the hair wavy and that won’t hold the bumps all day.
- If you have time and is very particular about getting the best crimps, you can braid the hair overnight and leave it until the next day. All you gotta do next morning, is to do the middle parting and the pin-ups and you are good to go!