If you have sensitive skin (and who doesn’t nowadays what with increasing pollution levels) then you probably have a really tough time dealing with breakouts, rashes and other afflictions. So you go to the department store and scan the prodigious number of skin care products out there, so confused that half the time you don’t know what to bring home with you. But based on this advert or that person’s recommendation or the rubbish that passes for a skin care routine nowadays, you pick up a few items, only to realize too late that they don’t work for your skin at all.
Instead of getting frantic and running out to buy yet another product that will mess up your skin, why not give oil cleansing a try?
Kitchen Beauty Recipes – Oil Cleansing for Healthier Skin
Oil cleansing is a very old method of cleaning skin. Oil is strong enough to dissolve impurities, and it naturally moisturizes your skin and keeps it supple. What’s more, it’s natural, safe and time-tested so you know you can try this out without causing more damage to your skin.
You don’t have to use any particular type of oil to cleanse your skin. You can choose from olive oil, almond oil, sunflower seed oil or coconut oil, as long as it is mixed with castor oil. Start with a 1:4 ratio of castor oil and any other oil of your choice. With time, you will discover for yourself whether you want to change the ratio of either oil. The basic idea is that the more dry your skin the less castor oil you use, and you increase the ratio of castor oil if your skin is normal or oily.
What you will need
- Castor oil mixed with another oil of your choice
- Wash cloth or hand towel
- hot water
- So once you have your oil blend ready, simply rub it on your face (no need to wet your face first). Massage your skin with the oil for two to three minutes. Be sure not to be too rough as that can aggravate your skin.
- Now soak your wash cloth or hand towel in hot water and squeeze out excess.
- Place wash cloth on your face and leave it there till it’s not hot anymore.
- Using the wash cloth, rub gently to remove traces of oil from your face. Do NOT wash with soap after.
After a few weeks of oil cleansing, you’ll never waste your money on regular beauty products ever again.