Plus size Clothing
Being plus size does not mean that you can't afford to look gorgeous and sexy. It also does not mean that you have to necessarily work out those extra fab and lumps on your body, to look in shape. Instead, you just have to wear the right kind of clothes that can flatter your looks and make you appear slimmer. Designers have stocked the market with a large collection plus size womens clothing. Now, you have a large range to choose from. For example, by wearing corsets as an inner wear or an outer wear you can always appear curvaceous and slim.
Prints and patterns
Shirts & Tops
Always wear your size- nothing loose and nothing tight:
* Wear the right fitting clothes that makes your look.
* Dresses having pleats are not meant for Plus size women. Remember that the extra fabric will add an extra volume to your over all appearance.
* Choose softly tailored pieces that may define your curves better.
* Plus size corsets and bustiers may help you appear more curvaceous by pulling your belly in and highlighting your bust and hips.
*A thick waistband at stomach may make your stomach appear leaner.
* Avoid wearing shapeless clothes. The notion that baggy clothes will help camouflage the extra fat is wrong. Loose clothes are extremely unflattering on voluminous women.
* Avoid wearing tight clothes. Remember, that a smaller outfit may fit smaller on you, cling to your body and highlight the excess fat and lump on your body.
* Plus size women should wear dark colors. Dark, deep colors are quite absorbing and may give the desired slimming effect. Colors like navy blue, black, and chocolate brown etc may help you look slimmer. Wear colors like maroon, black, blue, purple, green.
* Wear monochromes as they do not break the silhouette in between and help achieve a slimmer look.
* You can always accessories your monochromes with colors to avoid monotony and dullness.
* Wear black. Black is a hot favorite as it exhibits a slimming look.
* Earthly colors are apt for voluptuous women.
* Plus size women should say a big no to all stretch and shinny materials.
* Avoid wearing vibrant and shinning colors as they may make up for bigger images and magnify your problem areas. Sunshine yellow, plum red etc are a few such colors to mention.
* Avoid wearing light colors like beige, white, brown, gray etc as they may draw attention to the body flaws. However, you can wear them except at the places that are your problem areas
You can wear thin materials like denim, cotton or cotton jersey but wear clothes that are of your size.
* Shiny fabrics such silk, satin etc are a complete no as they may highlight the excess fat on your body.
* Avoid shiny fabrics in dark, loud colors as they reflect light and may make you appear larger.
Prints & Patterns
* Wear clothes with vertical lines. They may give an elongating and slim look.
* Asymmetrical stripes may also help you appear slimmer and taller.
* Prints following a vertical pattern,Â pinstripes and top-stitching can be incorporated to achieve the effect.
* Wear delicate, small prints.
* Tiny flowers or polka dots can help you appear slimmer.
* Horizontal lines may add width to your body. So avoid wearing them.
* Bold and heavy patterns and prints are a strict no as they may give a bulkier look.