If you’ve been reading our Health posts these last few weeks, then you already know one thing about hair loss – we ALL have hair loss, every single day. It is normal, indeed even healthy, to lose between 100 and 150 hairs a day. If you are losing this much hair a day, it means that old, dead hair is falling out to be replaced by new ones. It means that your hair growth cycle is still strong, and that everything is working fine in that department. So don’t cringe and fret every time you see a few strands of hair on your shoulder, pillow or hair brush.
However, there is a line when hair loss transcends to a hair loss problem. Since hair loss can be damaging to your self-image, it is imperative that you get proactive and look for hair loss solutions rather than sit around hoping that it will get better on its own. We’re going to be looking into some women hair loss solutions today, but that does not mean that men cannot employ these for their hair loss problems too. The reason we are focusing on women hair loss solutions is obvious – if a man loses his hair or goes bald, it can be frustrating for him, but at least it is accepted and will not be scrutinized; but when a woman loses her hair, it brings on all sorts of questions and unwelcome attention. Plus, one of the benchmarks of a woman’s beauty is how thick and lustrous her hair is. So thinning hair can make her feel ugly and worthless, which can directly impact several other areas of her life as well.
When to Start Employing Hair Loss Solutions
The causes of your hair loss and the extent of damage to the follicles will determine whether any of these hair loss solutions will work for you.
The only way to determine this is to consult with ether a dermatologist or a hair loss expert (trichologist). With hair loss solutions, prevention is an easier road than cure. So you should start with some of these women hair loss solutions when you begin to notice that your hair fall is increasing and your hair is getting considerably thinner. If you wait for it to get worse before you take any measures, it may be too late. Your hair loss may have transcended by then into an irreversible form which you can do nothing about, except perhaps opt for hair grafts or hair transplants.
Most women, if not all, pay enough attention their hair to know when hair loss starts to be a problem. The hair will thin out considerably, the margins in the parting will appear much wider, the hair will turn brittle and break off easily. Running the fingers through the hair can result in a handful of broken strands. When you notice these hair loss indications, you should immediately take steps to restore your hair to its former glory by opting for some effective women hair loss solutions.
If your hair loss has something to do with your health, then it is imperative that you fix that health problem first. Hair loss solutions should not be your priority at that point, your health should. Once you get your body back on track, it is very likely that your hair loss will reverse itself.
Commercial Women Hair Loss Solutions
If you ever do an online search for hair loss solutions, you will come across hundreds of hair loss solution products, each with a more tongue-twisting name than the last. They claim to revitalize existing hair and boost the growth of new hair follicles, thus contributing to hair growth and acting as effective hair loss solutions.
But do they actually work? There’s really no way to tell unless you try it out yourself. The results can vary dramatically from person to person. Some people may find a hair loss solution product that almost miraculously reverses their hair loss, but the same product may not have such wonderful results with you. These women hair loss solution products are quite expensive to boot, so when you pay big bucks for it and find that it does not work, you can feel cheated and even more frustrated with your hair loss.
There are two ways to gauge the efficacy and range of these women hair loss solution products. First, take a look at reviews of the product in medical journals which you can access for free online. These are reviews that have been written by people who know what all those tough-to-pronounce ingredients on the bottle are and how they may or may not affect hair growth. Don’t rely on these reviews completely. Several peer reviews are often paid reviews, even though this may not be publicly known.
Your next step should be to sign up for at least three to four women hair loss solutions forums online and see what other normal consumers like you who have used the product have to say. Here again, you will see some good reviews and some terrible ones, testament to the theory that the same product will work differently for different people. Try to get a feel for what the average opinion is, and if you think that there is enough to sway your opinion in favor of a particular women hair loss solutions product, then by all means take the plunge and give it a go.
Natural Women Hair Loss Solutions
- Firstly, do not tie your hair up too tight or wear hairstyles that can pull at your already weak roots and make things worse.
- Apple cider vinegar (ACV) has long been recommended in organic circles as one of the most effective women hair loss solutions. You can douse your hair in diluted ACV (1 tablespoon in a cup of water) after shampooing and conditioning. You can even drink it in the morning on an empty stomach to gain its women hair loss solutions benefits.
- -Arnica is thought to help hair grow thicker. You can find arnica for women hair loss solutions in the form of an ointment, a cream, or a hair rinse.
- -Jojoba oil, emu oil, rosemary oil, safflower oil – they’re all good for you hair. You don’t need to soak you hair in these oils to gain their benefits. Just take a small amount in your palm and gently massage onto hair and scalp for about 20 minutes.
- Herbs too have some great women hair loss solutions. Palmetto has made headlines for having the potential to induce hair growth by reducing androgen activity inside the hair follicle. Another herb that is attributed with hair growth properties is licorice. Licorice extract may be used to tincture your shampoo. You can even imbibe it. Other herbal women hair loss solutions include ginger (to put on scalp or drink in tea), horsetail, sage and psoralea seeds.
- Drinking green tea can also be one of the effective women hair loss solutions since it has powerful antioxidants.
Vitamin Supplements as Women Hair Loss Solutions
Our modern diet sorely lacks the amount of nutrition that our bodies need to function at optimal level. You can always try eating healthier, but most people do not have the time or the inclination to do so. Plus, pollution, genetically modified seeds and processed foods have contributed to reducing the nutritional content even in natural foods. So what we are left with is a whole lot of food that isn’t going to do us much good when it comes to reversing diseases or health problems like hair loss, unless you choose to go all organic. Thankfully, there are supplements that can provide our bodies with the minerals and vitamins needed to heal and rejuvenate. One of the first steps in hair loss solutions is to repair the damage caused by nutritional deficiencies by taking supplements. Following are some of the women hair loss solutions supplements that are recommended for daily intake.
- All vitamins improve the health of the hair. Vitamin A in particular goes straight to the follicle of the hair and stimulates growth.
- Vitamin B is recommended as one of the vitamins vital to hair growth. Vitamin B12 in particular is one of the much-needed nutrients for women hair loss solutions. Many women with vitamin B12 deficiency end up having hair loss problems. So this should be one of the more effective hair loss solutions vitamins that should make a part of your diet. Bitoin is another B vitamin which is essential to hair growth.
- Vitamin C has anti-oxidants that can prevent further hair loss.
- Hair loss may be caused by hormonal problems. And since vitamin D is really a hormone, including it in your diet may promote hair growth.
- Vitamin E improves blood circulation. The better the circulation of the blood in your body, the better equipped it is to grow new hair,
- Zinc too is considered one of the more essential women hair loss solutions minerals because of its antioxidant content.
- When taken with zinc, copper can be on the more effective women hair loss solutions as it encourages hair growth. Copper is also a key component in the production of red blood cells. So by taking copper, you boost the supply of red blood cells in your body and thus to the follicles. But that’s not all. Copper is also instrumental in maintaining your immune system, calming your nervous system, and keeping your bones healthy. A healthier body is a better candidate for healthy hair growth.
- Iron deficiency reduces the red blood cell count, and may just be one of the most overlooked causes of hair loss. So naturally, taking iron supplements is one of the more effective women hair loss solutions.
- Omega-3: This fatty acid has anti-inflammatory properties which can soothe your skin and scalp, thus creating a conducive environment for hair growth.
- Lysine is one of the amino acids that form protein. And since your hair is made of protein, adding this to your diet can prevent hair fall and act as one of the more effective women hair loss solutions.
Remember to ALWAYS consult with a doctor who knows your medical history before popping a pill. Something as beneficial as vitamins and minerals can be a poison for those suffering from certain health problems.
Also keep in mind that the results of vitamins and mineral supplements will not manifest overnight. You may have to take them for at lease a couple of months before you start noticing a change in your skin and hair.
Finally, you do not have to take ALL these supplements, just the ones that you are deficient in.
Which Hair Loss Solution Is Right For Me
This will depend on many factors. As mentioned before, you have to know the cause of your hair loss before you can look into hair loss solutions. But apart from this, there are other factors to consider as well.
- Your budget will obviously be one of the primary variables. Which women hair loss solutions can you afford? Which women hair loss solutions do you think will work, but will need saving up for?
- How much time and energy are you willing to put into your women hair loss solutions? Most people have very busy lives and cannot take time off work to go in for regular treatments. Some people have very erratic schedules that do not allow them to commit to certain women hair loss solutions.
- Do you want natural treatments or are you OK with bottled treatments that usually contain chemicals?
- Can you travel for your hair loss treatments? You may have the time for it, but perhaps commuting to a place where you can get certain women hair loss solutions may not be convenient. And if it’s not convenient, there is a smaller chance that you will stick with it, thus reducing the chances that those particular women hair loss solutions will work for you
- What is the state of your health? Some women hair loss solutions require medication of some kind. If you are suffering from a medical problem, you may not be able to pop the pill needed to make your hair grow back.
The more you think about women hair loss solutions, the clearer it will become which ones you should try and which women hair loss solutions you should put on the back burner or eliminate altogether.