When it comes to sensuality, features like our eyes and lips play an important role – and most of us desire to get beautiful pink lips. Lips are indeed a very important part of our face and thus it constitutes a major factor for attraction.
A soft and pink lip is one of the most desirable factors for most human beings. But, often our beautiful lips tend to lose their beauty and become rough and dark. There are lots of reasons that cause darkening of lips. So, if you are also a victim of lips that have darkened and want to know how to get pink lips then you are just at the right place, as here we will be discussing some of the best home based remedies for combating dark lips and also talk about precautionary measures that will help you to avoid this problem.
Factors That Cause the Lips to Become Darker
Over Usage of Cosmetic Products
This is surely one of the major factors for lip darkening. Cosmetic products have harmful chemicals that can not only ruin the softness of your lips but even make them dark. Women tend to face the problem of lips darkening due to the over usage of cosmetic products.
Men also face the problem of lips darkening. In fact, according to a survey, it has been noticed that compared to the women, it is men who suffer more from the problem of lip darkening. One of the major factors that contribute to this is excessive smoking. Too much of smoking often turns your pink lips into rough, hard and dark lips. People who are addicted to chewing nicotine often face this problem of dark lips too.
Addiction to Caffeinated Drinks
People who are addicted to beverages like tea or coffee also tend to face the problem of dark lips. So, next time you drink too much of tea or coffee, remember that you are losing your beautiful pink lips slowly and steadily.
Over Exposure to the Sun
Sun is also one of the prime factors that can darken your beautiful pink lips. Too much exposure to the sun can ruin your beautiful lips and can make it black and rough.
How to Get Pink Lips: Home Remedies for Getting Pink Lips
There are many cosmetic products that are meant for lightening the dark spots on the lips. However, lips are a very delicate part of our face, so chemical products can produce various side effects which can worsen the entire situation. Hence, it is always advisable to opt for home made remedies as these natural remedies are not only effective but have no side effects. Home remedies are the best medicine for all skin related problems. Therefore, if you are also facing a problem like dark lips then all you have to do is get some kitchen ingredients and apply it on your lips and soon you will get back your beautiful rosy pink lips. So, you should try out various herbal and home based products for erasing the dark spots on the lips. Let’s check out some of the easy and simple tips to make your lips soft and pink.
- Cleaning the lips should be one of the most crucial and important parts in your daily beauty treatment. Whenever you are exposed to dirt and pollution, the unwanted dust particles tends to get collected on the lips – making it rough and dark. So, you must clean your lips with clear water and clear the dirt and dead skin cells.
- To begin with, take a bowl and add cold milk then add turmeric powder into it and mix it properly. After mixing it properly you just need to apply this paste on your lips and leave it on for at least five minutes. After five minutes just wash off your lips with cold water. This remedy will lighten the dark spots on the lips and will make it soft and pink.
- If you have got glycerin in your home then you can even try that too. Just take a few drops of glycerin and apply it on your lips properly and leave it for some time then wash it off.
- Try to avoid your lips from getting dried up. Always try to moisturize your lips with a good brand of petroleum jelly as this will not only make your lips soft and supple but will help you to regain its original colour.
- If you have honey in your home then nothing can get better than that, here all you have to do is just apply honey on your lips before you go off to sleep. Do not wash your lips once you apply the honey, the ingredients present in honey will not only make your lips look pink but will make it soft and beautiful too.
- Lemon is considered to be very effective for lips, as it has got its bleaching effect so you can easily get back your beautiful pink lips with the help of lemon. Take powdered sugar in a bowl and add lemon into it and mix it properly and apply this mixture on your lips. It will act as a bleaching agent and lighten the dark spots on your lips.
- Almond oil has got its incredible effect on various skin problems. It not only helps you to get rid of various skin problems but at the same time it makes your skin soft, attractive and beautiful. In case of lips too, almond oil is considered to be very effective. Thus, all you have to do is prepare a mixture of almond oil and lemon and apply it on your lips and leave it for some time. After some time you will find your lips drying up, this is when you should wash the mixture off your lips with cold water.
- Clarified butter is also very good for lips. Butter will make your lips soft and erase the dark spots too.
- If you want to make your lips red and attractive then you can put some almond in milk and leave it overnight. The next day grind this almond with the milk and make a thick paste. Apply this thick paste on your lips. It is quite effective in getting back your beautiful red lips.
- There is another mixture which is also very good for your lips and that’s the mixture of honey, gram flour and yoghurt, also you must add some drops of lime juice into it. This mixture will help you to get rosy pink lips.
- You can even try out the juice of beetroot, as it is very good for your lips.
- You could even try out fresh crème for your lips. For this you just need to prepare a mixture of crème and rose petals and prepare a thick formation and apply it on the lips. This mixture will make your lips look healthy, soft and, of course, pink.
- The everyday intake of tea and coffee leaves behind stains on your lips – making them look dark and rough. In order to get rid of these stains and the unwanted dead cells you can simply use a soft toothbrush. Once or twice a week just rub your lips with a clean tooth brush and this will help you to get rid of the coffee and tea stains – making your lips look soft and beautiful.
- A mixture of sugar and olive oil will also help you to get back your soft pink lips. As stated above, fresh crème is very good for the lips so you can even try out a mixture of crème and tomatoes paste on your lips to make it pink and soft.
- You can avoid dark lips by applying the juice of cucumber or raw potato. You can even apply smashed potatoes or cucumber on your lips.
- Scrubbing will help you to get rid of the dead cells. In order to prepare a good scrub all you need to do is make a mixture of tomato juice and assorted nuts. Also you can prepare another effective scrub consisting of rice flour and honey. All of these scrubs will help you to regain beautiful pink lips.
Life, in general, has become quite hectic and we don’t get so much time to spend on everyday beauty rituals. So, when it comes to lips we often tend to neglect it and the scenario of dark lips just gets worse. Therefore, if you are someone who barely has time to breathe, let alone spend time on making beauty concoctions, there no need to get worried as there are plenty of overnight treatments that will help you get rid of overtly dark lips. That means, even while you are sleeping, the treatment that you have adopted will be working on your lips to make them pink. In order to get started, you just need to apply certain easily available ingredients on your lips before going to bed. Virgin Coconut oil has got its useful ingredients that are very effective for your lips. Moreover, if you are regularly exposed to a lot of sun then this coconut oil will remove the sun tan from your lips making it pink and beautiful.
Over The Counter Products for Getting Pink Lips
In the market you will get a wide variety of lip balms, but if you are a victim of dark lips then you must try out the menthol based balms. All you need to do is just apply the balm on your lips and then take a tooth brush and slowly rub it on your lips. This activity will not only make your lips look pink but will help you to get rid of the unwanted dead cells. However, here you must make sure that you do not rub the brush too hard on your lips. In case, you do not have the menthol based lip balm then of course you can try out other balms as well, any sort of petroleum jelly and lip balm is good for the lips. Cherry blossom extracts have got its effective result on lips, so if you are looking for cosmetic products that will reduce lip darkening then you should try out products that have got cherry blossom extracts in them.
Human beings often have the habit of rubbing their lips with their saliva, people do this in order to make their lips wet and to prevent them from drying up. This practice, however, makes your lips rougher and drier. If you want to make your lips soft and wet then you can apply a good moisturizing lotion or petroleum jelly on it.
Your daily diet plays a very important role when it comes to your lips. An unhealthy diet can make your lips hard and rough, and promote discoloration. So, try to have food that has a high level of iron in it. Your diet chart must contain food items like meat, fish, tomatoes, vegetables, beans, poultry, lentils etc. Drinks lots of water as this will keep your body hydrated and won’t let your lips go dry easily
The Don’ts in Short:
- You must avoid all sorts of addictive stuff like cigarettes and nicotine based products.
- You must avoid over exposure to sun rays.
- You must avoid biting your own lips or rubbing your lips with your own saliva.
- Try to reduce the intake of tea and coffee.
- Try to avoid using harmful chemicals in the form of cosmetics, by using good brands.
So, follow these simple steps and get back your soft, supple and beautiful pink lips.