Pear-shaped body type
A pear-shape body is characterized by big hips and lean shoulders. The waist is larger than the shoulders.
* A balcony top will help you divert the focus from your hips to your chest.
* Triangle tops with strings tied behind the neck will show greater part of your shoulders and give them greater exposure.
* Low-waist bottoms will help you give an illusion of narrower hips.
* One-piece bathing suits or the retro style with design features accentuating your waist would also suit you.
* Avoid wearing high waist bikinis and bottoms as they make your hips and thighs appear heavier.
Retro style for pear body shape by Victorias secret
Hour-Glass body type
Hour-glass body type is characterized by hips and shoulders of nearly the same width followed by smaller waist.
* You can wear any classic-styled bathing suit as you can carry all kinds of swimsuit very well.
* Just be careful with one-piece swimsuits. Be sure that they fit you well.
* Go for good stretch material as the one-piece swimsuit should fit you well. And if it does not hug your curves well at right places then it will flatten your shape and make you look bulkier than you actually are.
* Avoid wearing Bandeau tops if you have huge bust as these will only flatten your shape and give you a fatter look.
Apple-shaped body type
* While shopping for a bikiniÂ go for the one that will help you balance outÂ your figure.
* V-neck bikinis will help you look more toned and in proportion.
Bandeau for apple body shape by Victoria's secret