Get your body the food that it needs and see for yourself how it brims your body with a pump of energy, supports your mood, makes sure that you have the figure that others envy of and ultimately making you the talk of the town. What is more to it is the fact that eating the best food for your body helps you steer healthier you through the different stages of your life. Eating healthy food can assist you in boosting your fertility, reduces your stress levels, decreases PMS, helps you cope with the symptoms of menopause with ease and makes nursing and pregnancy lot easier. Don’t worry about your age and commit yourself to a healthy diet. This will make you look and feel your best and enjoy life to the hilt.
Good Nutrition for All Ages
Best Food for Women
Get your basics right like a good diet made up of whole grains, green veggies, lean sources of protein and healthy fats. You can make addition to this basic list with the following food items that are mentioned below:
- Whole-Grains helps in Digestive Problems: Almost all women complain of digestive problems and it can ruin your otherwise perfectly good day landing you in a doctor’s cabin. The best food that a woman should eat in this case is whole-grains that have a high fiber content that starve off digestive problems. Make sure to include whole-grain breads, barley, brown rice, quinoa and bran flakes into your diet. In addition you can make your diet interesting by taking whole-grain pasta which is loaded with vitamin B that helps your body convert food into energy more effectively. Don’t go for processed grain products as they lack fiber whereas whole grains are more satisfying than the former.
- Folate Rich Foods: Asparagus, fortified cereals, beans and oranges are the foods that re rich in folate. During pregnancy folate is essential for the proper development of neural tube of the fetus and is also beneficial for your heart health. It is recommended that you get the RDA of nearly 400 mg (micrograms) each day.
- Heart Healthy Soy Protein: Products like tofu, soy nut butter, soymilk and cereal contain rich quantities of soy protein that is healthy for your heart as it helps reduce the high cholesterol levels from your blood. Moreover soy protein is also loaded with phytonutrients. Make sure to aim upto 25 grams of soy protein a day.
- Water for Your Proper Metabolism: Although, water isn’t a food and you might have raised your brows at its inclusion in the list but water is essentially important for your proper metabolic activity. If you want to improve your digestion, reduce your weight and improve the look of your skin, then water is the key to all the three. You need to drink eight to nine glasses of water each day to improve your metabolism, but you can even add more color by eating fruits and vegetables containing a high water content to increase your water intake.
- Spinach to Slow Bone Breakdown: Spinach is rich in vitamin K and is full of calcium and magnesium. This combination makes it an ideal food for preventing the osteoporosis that is a deadly disease of the women that affects their bones resulting in their early breakdown and becoming soft. In addition, the green leafy vegetable also helps avert birth defects, if any.
- Cranberry for Preventing Urinary Tract Infections: Eating cranberries or drinking their juice helps prevent infections of the urinary tract. There is a specific constituent element present in cranberries known as proanthocyanidins that prevents any harmful bacteria from sticking to the walls of the bladder, thus preventing its infection. Research has also found out that the fruit may encourage cardiovascular health.
- Nuts for Your Heart Health: Nuts are made up of monosaturated fats and polyunsaturated fats both of which are very useful in preventing heart disease and in lowering cholesterol levels. Nuts also contain loads of copper, protein, calcium, selenium, zinc, phosphorous, vitamin A, folate and vitamin E. So a small pack of nuts carries a houseful of calories to meet your energy demands but make sure to limit their intake to some 13-14 walnut halves, 6-7 Brazil nuts and 25-28 peanuts.
- Broccoli for Younger Looking Skin: A quantity of one cup of Broccoli can fulfill almost all of your vitamin C requirements. Vitamin C is crucial for production of collagen that in turn gives the skin its elasticity. It is also high in beta-carotene which is in turn converted into vitamin A by the body which assists the body to replace the old cell by new ones.
- Vitamin C Rich foods for Overall Health: Fruits like green and red peppers, strawberries, citrus fruits, spinach, collard and mustard greens, tomatoes, kiwi, parsley and guava contain a high quantity of vitamin C. In addition to the benefits that these foods have for overall health, vitamin C rich foods contain antioxidants and have been linked to reduced risk of heart diseases in women. Make sure that you fit in more than two to three servings of fruits into your daily regimen. For women, the RDA herein is 75 mg a day.
- Apples for Boosting Immunity: This smart and sweet food contains quercetin which is an antioxidant and can rejuvenate the disease fighting ability of your body. A research has shown that if women consume more quercetin, then they stand the chance of coming down on a respiratory infection within a period of two weeks compared to those who didn’t take an ample amount of quercetin. For the latter the recovery time is usually double than the former.
- Iron Rich Food for Pre-Menopausal Women: Premenopausal women need more iron because of their monthly cycles, so it is highly recommended for women out there that they have a good amount of iron in their body to prevent and later make up for the loss and complications during their monthly cycles. You can find a rich quantity of iron in foods like lean beef, garbanzo beans, dried apricots and tofu. Moreover if you are interested in building up your iron stores then, you can consume a cup of cooked low calorie lentils daily. The iron requirement for women is 12-15 mg (milligrams) a day while as it is only 10-12 mg for men.
- Dark Chocolates to Fight Stress: Researches have found out that those women who ate less than two ounce of dark chocolate every day for nearly about two weeks which is worth 200 calories of energy produced less stress hormones, for instance, cortisol and reported the experience of being less weary, thereby taking them out of depression and anxiety.
- Avocadoes for a Flat Belly: Being rich in monounsaturated fat, avocado, has the tendency to drop down your weight especially helping you to get rid of your bulged out belly. So all the women out there, start packing your purse and go to the market to purchase this food so that you wont have to spend a lot on other methods of getting a flat belly.
- Milk is the Best friend for Your Bones: As a girl, many of you might have disliked milk and given all sorts of excuses to your mother so that you are saved from drinking it and this habit doesn’t leave you and continues for long till you become a mother and you give the excuse that being busy with kids and household that you forget drinking it . But come what may, stop all these excuses and start having a daily glass of drink as it is the best friend of your bones. Moreover, it also prevents the onset of osteoporosis and this is the best investment that you can make in old age for your bones.
Stay healthy, stay blessed and enjoy the rest of your life the way it needs to be without worrying for your health not frequently visiting your doctors but by attending kitty parties, going on vacations and enjoying with your family and kids!