It is the constant reinventing that usually leads to a change on the macro level and the same principle extends to the world of fashion also. Based on the mood of the society and the impact of the trends bygone, new trends are born hence forming a vicious cycle that makes fashion so much fun and an ever evolving entity. It is only the classics that withstand the test of time but never without inculcating a certain amount of change themselves. The same explains the different looks of the denim that will always remain an integral element of the classics pants reinventing itself in a new avatar every season now. Of the various denims variables this year the the painted textured ones that are arty in nature is our style pick of the day.
Spotted at the Jet Art collection by princess Tarinan von Anhalt at Couture Fashion Week Fall 2012 at Couture Fashion Week Fall 2012 in NYC, the denims are splashed with the color galore and are a fresh take towards solid colored denims trending majorly across the globe.
Ways to Wear it:
Take a look at the ways to wear the denims reciting splashes of color:
1. Play it safe and going with the summer mood match the colored denims with a classic white t-shirt. A look that is a great definition to a casual summer look and defies the classic blues. Keep the casual style quotient high by dressing the look up with shades and a smart bag to match and embrace the summer style. Elevate the glam level by wearing a white peplum top.
2. Go an extra mile by creating a head to toe color splashed look by adding the color in the same way to a top matching the denims. An interesting, edgy and definitely an arty way to wear color this season by taking inspiration from these jeans. Simple accessories will complete the outfit.
3. Since the base color is white one can wear a lot of colors with the denims. Nude to color block all will work in context to clothes or accessories.
Perform a D-I-Y:
Extend the meaning of redefining clothes even to your wardrobe which results in adding so much more volume and value to an existing one. Perform a do-it-yourself and redefine an old pair of denims to get the look:
- Apply the base coat. In this case the base coat actually settles the look of the denims as it is obtained by splashing the color.
- Using a suitable brush and fabric friendly paints splash multiple colors onto the denims as a base coat.
- If you don’t want to use the brush then another great way to apply color is buy dipping a yarn of required thickness into the paint and using it as a tool to apply the random colors.
- After the base is ready the colored portions will need more coats of paint for the color to show and have an impact. Use a suitable brush to apply the next coat.
- Neatly paint the edges also.
- It is easier to work on lighter shade of denims, white being the most effective.
- The fun of it all is choosing the colors you like with an option of sticking to just one if you want too. When choosing the colors to splash on your denims, a great way to keep it stylish is by opting the ones ruling this season.
These denims surely add some fun to the basic white denims and attempting it yourself makes it more thrilling.