A girl’s wardrobe is hardly complete without feminine classics like pink and lavender in it. And when we choose to show our soft pastel side; the accessories, the make-up all has to match right? But do not make the mistake of using pink eye shadow sister; its times are long gone.
Makeup How To – shimmer eyes with colored eye-liner
Update your look with a cross-over between feminine eyeliners and metallic shimmer eye shadow.
You will need
- Eye Primer
- Cream or powder based eye-shadow in 3 colors
- Eye shadow brush and blending brush.
- Eye lashes curler and mascara.
- Eye liner – black, light pink, lavender/mauve, dark pink, copper.
shimmer eyes with colored eye-liner – makeup how to
- Apply a thin base of eye primer over your lids. It would make the eye shadow last longer and the color to be more vibrant and saturated.
- Curl your lashes with a curler, for a better finish. Apply a lengthening mascara with your eyes closed and curling upwards, then open the eyes and apply again with curling up motion.
- Decide on the eye shadow colors, use the shimmery ones and I also prefer cream based over powdered ones for ease of application and final effect. The lightest one – the highlighter should be a silvery lavender, the medium one or the accent should be a beige or warm tan similar to your skin tone. The darkest shade or the contrast color should be darker than the beige and gravitate towards a metallic copper/brown.
Tip: You could try the shades on the back of your hand before the eyes, so that you are sure of the colors and concentration.
- Apply the accent color evenly over your lids using a brush, the crease contour and like a thin line below your eyes.
- Use the highlighter color over your brow-bone and also the inner corner of the eye. Blend well with the accent color using a blending brush.
- Fully open your eyes to understand the exact area for applying the contrast color. Notice the area of contour between your eye and brow bone (which is highlighted). Close eye again and apply the darkest color over this contour area while blending well.
Tip : Use the contrast color in moderation first, as you make can add more for a darker look, but making it softer will be next to impossible without wiping it all off.
Applying eye liner
makeup how to shimmer eyes with pink colored eye-liner
- To apply the eye liner now, we will use small strokes. Start from the inner corner of the eye. Using the light pink color draw a thin line along the eye till the middle lid.
- Next use the lavender/mauve eye liner for the next stroke further, till you reach approximately the outer lid.
- Apply the copper eye liner to the outer lid.
- Next use the dark pink eye liner on the outer V, extending from the upper lid till below the eye in a v shape.
- We need to apply different color eye liner on the lower lash line in a similar fashion.
- Apply it in the sequence of dark pink, lavender and copper starting from the outer corner. With the light pink eye liner applied earlier on the inner corner, complete the whole curve.
- Allow the liner to dry and then apply a thinner line of black eye liner on the lower lash line.
shimmer eyes with colored eye-liner makeup how to
- Add a little more highlighter eye shadow on the inner corner if required and comb the lashes to take our any extra. To finish the look, apply mascara to to upper and lower lashes.
shimmer eyes colored eye-liner makeup how to
The look is never overpowering, even during the day but very interesting and easy nonetheless. You could sport it with a sun dress in spring or with a soft cashmere sweater in the colder months, just so there is more color in the grey winters!