If you thought you knew all the ways to make and style your braid, we tell you 3 new and flattering ones. Using the French braid method and some flowers Glamcheck tells you the perfect summer hairstyle. You can wear its different versions, to the beach or to a luncheon or even a sun party.
3 ways of Styling French braid with flowers
Also, don’t worry if you don’t already know the basics of a French braid. In this tutorial, we will cover that as well briefly. Let’s begin!
1) French braid with head band
Styling French braid with headband
- Always start with a hairstyle by brushing your hair well. Afterwards, part your hair roughly, slightly off-center for this one.
- Leaving an inch or so space from the hairline, pick a section of hair from one side and divide in three parts. Before you start braiding remember that this is the headband braid and hence follow the direction of it from the center towards the ear.
- To start the braid, take the right part over the center. Then bring the left section over the new center section.
- Next, hold the three in one hand and with the other, add some hair to the left section and again cross it over the middle one.
- Next, add some hair to the right section, and cross over the middle one.
- Repeat these to braid uptil the nape of the neck, approximately.
- Pin the braid beneath the hair at the back.
- Repeat this process for the other side, but remember that the part should not show ultimately and hence pick up the hair section accordingly.
- Now once you have pinned both the sides using a bobby pin, your braided head band is ready.
- Now braid the rest of the hair in one single braid, the French way.
- Secure the end with an elastic, close to your hair color.
Tip : You can leave a single thin strand of hair one side un braided. Curl it using a curling iron for a slightly playful and flirty look.
2) French braid with head band and flowers
The second way involves dressing up the braid that you made in the first place. Though it is very much complete on its own, adding a statement flower will only play up the look and make it more dressy and feminine.
French braid with head band and flowers
- Choose a flower of your choice, in the color that either compliments your skin, eyes or outfit or simply the color of your hair. Preferably choose smaller flowers so as to use a small bunch in your hair.
- Trim the stems of flowers to one inch or less.
- The stem of the flower can be inserted into the bobby pin and then fixed onto the hair.
- Fix the small bunch just above the ear on the side of the face with the curled loose hair strand.
3) French braided pigtails with head band
This one requires a slight change in the first braid, but simple to do, which ultimately leaves you with breaded pigtails.
Pigtail braids with flowers
- Start with the French braided head band, just like in the first hairstyle.
- Instead of stopping at the nape of the neck, continue with this braid till the end and tie with an elastic, at the end.
- Repeat the same for the other side. Hence it will give you another braid on that side as well.
- Once you are down with your French braided pigtails, it is time to add the flowers.
- Using the same guidelines as the second method, add a small bunch of flowers to one side using a bobby pin.
Tip : While braiding for any of the above methods, do not braid very tightly. The slightly loose braid will create a more beautiful texture, as you may notice in the pictures.
This brings us to the end of the three ways of wearing the French braid with headband. Simple yet a statement hairdo, when are you trying it on your beautiful self?