The first adjective that you might associate with a little girl is cute and then the color pink and bows. Guess what the hairstyle that we are telling you how to do today, has two of the things! It’s a cute hair bow hairstyle and it’s going to make your princess look even prettier.
Little Girls Hairstyle – Cute Hair Bow Tutorial
This hairstyle is perfect when you are taking her to party, a wedding or any formal occasion. There are two ways to really do it, one requires a few products and some time and the other one is quicker but maybe less neat. We will take you through both.
Method 1: Quick Hair bow with less products
You will need:
- Scrunchie / Hair elastic
- Bobby Pins
- Hair Dryer
- Wide tooth comb
- Hair Spray (optional)
A simple hair bow is easier to do, but if you need the crimped hair texture, it will take slightly more effort. But that it just for texturing the hairstyle and you may choose to skip the crimping all together as well.
To create the crimp texture
- Wash your girl’s hair and while they are still damp run through a wide-toothed comb to detangle the strands.
- Tie a high pony for the time being and take a very thin section of hair from the tail and braid it very tight. Secure it with another elastic.
- Depending on the thickness of the hair, 3-4 equally places small braids should be enough. You can increase the number if required.
- Remove the elastic from the pony so that the hair are let down.
- Use a hair dryer on cool setting for 10 minutes or so. It will dry the hair and secure the crimping. A trick is to use hot hair for a minute and then cool for the next minute towards the end.
- Open the braids to find her hair crimped (if it was not tight enough you will only get waves). Don’t run a comb through now, only fingers.
Hairstyle for little girls – Cute Hair Bow Tutorial
To create the hair bow
- Comb the hair only on the crown and make a high pony with an elastic matching her hair color. Part the front hair to one side and make sure the pony is slightly on one side rather than the centre.
- While tying the elastic, leave the hair looped in the end i.e. do not pass them all the way through. Also be sure to leave enough hair at the end of the loop to form the centre of the bow.
- Divide the looped hair in half from the middle making a horizontal 8 figure.
- Spread each side to resemble a bow and secure with the bobby pins.
- Repeat on the other side as well and you should be seeing your bow now.
- Final step is to take the tail of hair left for the middle and pass it over the bow and take it to one side of the head and pin.
Method 2: Hair Bow, neater but a little more products
You will need:
- Hair Crimper
- Curling Iron
- Hair protecting spray
- Hair Spray
- Bobby Pins
- Scrunchie or hair elastic
- Wash her hair before if you can, as clean hair will hold the hairstyle longer.
- Let them air dry or use a blow dryer.
- Apply the heat protecting spray and comb it through to spread evenly.
- Tie her hair in a high off-centre ponytail. And part the front hair (or flicks) on one side.
Cute Hair Bow Tutorial for Little girls
- Separate one thin section from the pony on from the bottom and clip it away for now. This will form the middle of the bow.
- Take very thin sections from the pony and crimp them using a hair crimper. Do not crimp the whole pony, only a few sections on top.
- Separate the pony in half and using a curling iron, curl each half inwards very loosely.
- Tease the half section of the pony slightly for some volume. Do that for each half.
- Once it is done, you can start making the bow. Hold the half hair section, and fold it like a bow’s half. You would find it easier to do due to the curling.
- Spread the hair well and secure it with bobby pins. Don’t worry about the length of the hair that is left behind from making the bow. You can pin it inside the hollow of the bow.
- Repeat for both sides.
- Now unclip the centre section and bring it to the front of the bow and from there take it to the side and pin it.
- Use some hair spray to set the hair and a comb lightly to settle fly aways.
Note: The base of the bow in each case will be as high on the head as your ponytail.
So the next time you need a formal cute hairstyle, look no further. Happy bow making!