Unwanted body hairs have always troubled women that start growing with the onset of their puberty. The desire to remove the unwanted hair begins in adolescence and lasts life long. Every woman wants to get rid of hair on her face, legs, armpits, hands or bikini line. Women never like such hair on their body.
There are many clinical and homemade solutions available to tackle this problem. The most preferred ones are shaving and waxing. Now, why these methods are the most preferred ones is what you would want to know. Well, these are easiest and fastest methods of getting rid of the unwanted body hairs.
Let’s discuss both the methods and find out which one is better.
Everyone is familiar with this method. A razor is used to shave the unwanted hairs on arms, legs, armpits and the intimate areas. This has been the most popular way of getting rid of the unwanted hairs. Shaving should always be done after applying some moisturiser to the skin so that the razor can easily glide over the skin.
There is one major disadvantage with this method. It triggers faster hair re-growth since the razor cuts the hair off at the skin surface only and not from the roots. Which means hair does not get removed from the roots and it becomes visible on the skin next day.
Frequent shaving also causes skin darkening and makes the skin rough. There are also chances of getting unpleasant cuts and marks over the skin.
Shaving can be a good option if you are ready for a party or a hangout and want to get rid of the unwanted hair instantly.
AVOD: Doing it frequently.
Waxing is a more effective method of removing large amounts of unwanted. There are a variety of waxes available in the market. You can go for either cold wax or hot wax. Both solve the purpose.
1) First of all, the wax needs to be melted before it is applied on the skin. If you are using a cold wax, open the lid and place the wax container inside another container having boiling water in it. This helps the cold wax melt. Make sure that water does no enter inside the wax as this would spoil it. If you are using a hot wax, place it on the wax heater and allow the wax to melt.
2) To prepare the surface of the skin for waxing, remove all traces of oil, lotions or creams from the skin surface by either washing it or applying a cleansing lotion. Gently pat your skin dry. Avoid rubbing.
3) Apply some talcum powder all over the skin. Now, with the help of a knife, apply the melted wax onto the surface of the skin in the direction of hair growth. Make sure that the wax is not too warm.
4) Once the wax is applied evenly over the skin, place the waxing strip over it. This allows the hair to get embedded in the wax, which cools and firms up grasping the hair. Press the strip a little and then quickly pull it off in the opposite direction of the hair growth while holding the skin tightly.
5) The unwanted hairs come off the follicles leaving the skin smooth.
6) Once all the unwanted hair is removed, rub the skin with some ice cubes. Pat the skin dry with a clean towel and apply a moisturising lotion.
7) You are now ready with a smooth and silky skin.
This method is much safer/better though not easier than the previous one discussed. Safer because it leaves no cuts or marks on the skin, removes hair from the roots and leaves the skin soft and silky.
Not easier because the entire process is quite messy. It requires a professional to do it.
So now that you are aware of both the methods, go ahead with any of these you prefer and get rid of those unwanted hairs.