Over the years, actress – singer Christina Aguilera has evolved from being a rebel without a cause to a stylish lady with oodles of style. The celebrity has been often in news for her daring and interesting dressing sense and fabulous hairstyles. Staying true to her image, Aguilera did not disappoint admirers or the fashion police as she made an appearance looking sophisticated chic at the Tonight Show with Jay Leno in Los Angeles.
The Genie in a Bottle hitmaker wore a black retro-inspired wiggle dress and black high-heeled pumps. Her hairdo was casual and messy, as the style trends this season dictates. She very casually created a single loose braid which was tied at the nape of her neck to give off a look of careless chic. While she used an oft-practiced technique of hair teasing and backcombing, Aguilera managed to make her style very distinctive and unique. Her hair made the super sexy actress look very messy and slept in albeit in an extremely stylish way.
Her trademark red lipstick and red nail paint were right on place as she showed quite a bit of leg seated on the couch across Jay Leno. She also crooned in her beautiful voice at the show.
Get the look:
- Wear a knee length vintage-looking dress with transparent lace at the hem and the neckline.
- Team up with some high heeled patent pumps in a matching shade.
- Emphasize on one feature through make-up. For example, Christina uses red lip colour to add a point of interest in the look. You can alternatively use some nude lipstick and go for heavy eye makeup
- Keep the jewelry minimum, wear a couple of big rings to complete you look.
Tips to create Aguilera’s hairstyle:
- The hairstyle works best if you have wavy hair or even soft curls. If your hair is cut in layers, it makes the hairstyle all the more easy.
- To begin with, tease your hair properly
- Leave a few strands loose to fall your face
- Braid one of the loose strands a little messily and loosely. Tie this braid at the nape of your neck with the rest of you hair
- Pin the other loose strands of hair in a messy yet textured way. The best way to do this is to divide your hair into small sections and deal with each of them individually
- Use little bit of gel and scrunch your hair to give it texture and bounce
- Also use some good quality hair spray to hold up your hair-do in place
- Remember, that too much styling can damage your hair. Save these styles for special occasions!