Your first impression is indeed your last impression! These words of wisdom indeed stand true no matter what place or time you present yourself. Impressions about your personality are judged not only by the style of your hair and prim and proper clothes that you don. Your lips can also make or break your looks. Take it for granted people that your dry and blemish-full lips can be a big cause of embarrassment for you. And your negligence towards the proper care of this vital organ of your personality can lead to severe problems ranging from cold sores to minor breaks on the lips.
Going by the experts’s opinion, lip concealer is the right solution to counter most of the above mentioned lip problems without causing any further damages to this precious asset. In fact, lip concealers are most dependable during the winter seasons as they essentially protect the lips from getting dry. Some of the concealers come with revolutionary nutritional properties with the presence of vitamin C and vitamin A extracts. Many confuse a lip concealer with a chap stick for its similar appeal. However, the former is loaded with numerous nourishing and effective hydrating qualities that well protect these assets from breakage, appearance of scales and dryness. Like any other make-up product, these concealers for the lips also come in different colors so as to suit the tone of the skin as well as your mood.
Concealers is justly categorized as one of the most important make-up product to invest into, especially if there are sports or blemishes on the lips to hide. As concealers are mostly used to hide the dark circles and blemishes under the eyes, these are also for accomplishing the same purpose for the lips as well.
How to apply lip concealer?
- The first and one of the most essential steps is to wear the concealer evenly throughout your lips. Uneven application or over-application of the cosmetic product on the lips may render an uneven color tone and hence look weird.
- Allow the concealer to dry properly before touching the lips with each other. This is perhaps another vital step yet easily forgotten measures for applying the lip concealer. Once the concealer has completely dried, touch or twist the lips. It is important to know that when the lips are still wet with lip concealer, any activity like twisting of the lips may spread the texture of the color unevenly.
- So as to prevent the loss of moisture, apply a protective layer of chap stick or lip gloss over the lips. You may notice that with the application of this protective layer, the lips don’t become dry or scaly, at least in shorter intervals.
Important tips for the correct application of the lip concealer
Before the application of the concealer, make sure that your lips are absolutely dry. It is important to wipe away traces of lipstick, if applied, with a wet towel and pat dry them before applying the lip concealer.
Secondly, make sure that the lip concealer has been spread evenly throughout your lips. Uneven application of the same on the lips would look weird and call for attention for all the wrong reasons. One tip that always works for the even application of the concealer is gentle smudging the lips with the tip of the index finger throughout the lips.
The concealers are now available in varied colors. One may experiment with the varied shades to suit the mood and color of the dress.
Benefits of lip concealers
- Lip concealers are a fantastic way to cover the blemishes, scaly lesions and other spots that appear on the lips. For the purpose of concealing unwanted blemishes, one must use colored lip concealers, instead of nude / transparent and apply it evenly all over the lips.
- Apart from spots, the concealers can also be applied around the mouth so as to cover redness, signs of rashes or scales.
- Marks of discoloration or pigmentation appearing on the lips due to injuries or medical interventions of sorts may also be easily concealed with a heavy and regular application of the lip concealer.
- Many people apply the same to hide or reduce the appearance of laugh lines.
- Another amazing benefit associated with this beauty product is its plumping property. In other words, the application of this wonderful beauty product makes even the lean and thin lips look plum and voluminous. Don’t expect to bear the Angelina Jolie kind of plum lips, but yes, your lips would become significantly plump and noticeable within a few minutes of the application of the concealer. Take it for granted, many popular Hollywood celebrities count on the application of lip concealers to make their assets even more attractive.
- Experts further say that a good lip concealer adds on to the natural beauty of the lips. In other words, this beauty product helps to improve the natural colour of your lips.
Lip concealers significantly help in providing the necessary nourishment and moisture to the lips. It is thus right to say that this amazing beauty product helps to sport the voluminous lips that you always dream of.